Author Topic: Ramaswamy confirms father is not a US citizen as he reveals immigration policy  (Read 279 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ramaswamy confirms father is not a US citizen as he reveals immigration policy
by Jenny Goldsberry, Social Media Producer
September 21, 2023 07:19 PM

Presidential hopeful Vivek Ramaswamy revealed his parents' citizenship status and how it has informed his own policy.

Ramaswamy confirmed that his father is not a U.S. citizen. Meanwhile, his mother became a citizen after he was born in the United States, which made him a naturalized American citizen by birthright.

"He did not [take the citizenship test], and that’s a choice that he has made for familial reasons, but my mother did," Ramaswamy told NBC News in an interview that aired Thursday

The 14th Amendment of the Constitution grants U.S. citizenship to those children born in the U.S. to immigrant parents. However, Ramaswamy clarified that he would like to do away with that.

"So, I want to give you my full perspective on this issue because I will acknowledge this is a difficult question, and what makes this a difficult question is that many people who are in this country illegally are still good people who came here for a better life for their family. And I think the only way we’re going to be able to stand as a nation really committed to the rule of law is to behave in a manner that actually means it," Ramaswamy said to explain his policy.

"But I think that we will provide a path back through legal, meritocratic immigration for those who have demonstrated themselves to be law-abiding contributing citizens of this country," Ramaswamy went on.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/immigration/ramaswamy-father-not-us-citizen-immigration-policy
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34