Author Topic: Judge hopes to decide by Thanksgiving whether 14th Amendment disqualifies Trump from Colorado’s 2024  (Read 277 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Judge hopes to decide by Thanksgiving whether 14th Amendment disqualifies Trump from Colorado’s 2024 ballot

A Colorado judge said Monday she hopes to decide by Thanksgiving whether the 14th Amendment’s ban on insurrectionists holding office means former President Donald Trump is disqualified from appearing on the state’s presidential ballot in 2024.

Judge Sarah Wallace made the comments at a hearing in which she set an expedited schedule for the case, which was initiated by a watchdog group called Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, or CREW, on behalf of a bipartisan group of Colorado voters.

Lawyers for Colorado Secretary of State Jena Griswold, a Democrat, did not take a position on the lawsuit Monday but emphasized a “hard deadline” of January 5 for it to be settled. Her office is required by that date to certify the names of all candidates that will be printed on the state’s presidential primary election, set for March 5.

Hearings are scheduled for late October to review evidence, hear from witnesses and handle various challenges to the lawsuit – the majority of which have not yet been filed by Trump’s attorneys – paving the way for a likely ruling by Thanksgiving.

This was the first major hearing in a 14th Amendment disqualification case against Trump. Liberal activists and constitutional scholars from across the ideological spectrum have expressed support for the theory that Trump’s actions after the 2020 election bar him from holding future office. ..................

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/18/politics/colorado-judge-14th-amendment-ballot/index.html
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump is indicted, but not convicted.

He is presumed innocent until found guilty by a jury of his peers.  In the eyes of the Law, Donald Trump is pure and innocent as the newly fallen snow until a jury says otherwise.

Blame Merrick Garland for twiddling his thumbs too long to get a conviction before the 2024 election.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 01:32:20 am by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright