Author Topic: Trump criticizes Republicans pushing abortion bans with no exceptions: 'You're not going to win'  (Read 412 times)

Online Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-bring-country-together-abortion-meet-the-press-rcna105311

Former President Donald Trump declined to stake out a clear position on the future of abortion rights in an interview with NBC's "Meet the Press," but he repeatedly expressed interest in serving as a mediator between "both sides" of the issue to reach an agreement.

“I think they’re all going to like me,” he said. “I think both sides are going to like me.”

During his wide-ranging interview with moderator Kristen Welker, parts of which appeared on NBC “Meet the Press,” Trump seemed to seek wiggle room on an issue that has plagued Republicans at the ballot box since the Supreme Court overturned the landmark Roe v. Wade decision last year.

(snip)

Trump declined to endorse a standard number of weeks after which abortion would be illegal, with some exceptions, and he similarly refused to say whether he feels the issue would be best settled at the state or federal level.

"We’re going to agree to a number of weeks or months or however you want to define it," Trump said. "And both sides are going to come together and both sides — both sides, and this is a big statement — both sides will come together. And for the first time in 52 years, you’ll have an issue that we can put behind us."

In response, Welker asked whether such an agreement would take place at the federal level.

"It could be state or it could be federal," Trump said. "I don’t, frankly, care."

EXCERPT
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline corbe

What a difference 40 months makes.

During his famous speech at the March for Life in 2020, former President Donald Trump issued these wonderful words to the large crowd there in Washington DC who wanted nothing more than to end the terrible crime of abortion:

All of us here today understand an eternal truth: Every child is a precious and sacred gift from God. (Applause.) Together, we must protect, cherish, and defend the dignity and sanctity of every human life. (Applause.)

When we see the image of a baby in the womb, we glimpse the majesty of God’s creation. (Applause.) When we hold a newborn in our arms, we know the endless love that each child brings to a family. When we watch a child grow, we see the splendor that radiates from each human soul. One life changes the world…

Together, we are the voice for the voiceless…

<..snip..>

https://therightscoop.com/we-must-protect-cherish-and-defend-the-dignity-and-sanctity-of-every-human-life-donald-trump/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Even a broken orange clock is correct twice a day.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online cato potatoe

He took several positions in that nine minute segment.  Why lecture the state-level politicians after handing them the power to decide?  Amazing how these presidential candidates refuse to memorize a simple response: Leave the question with the states, and keep it out of my hair.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He took several positions in that nine minute segment. 

That's been one of his tricks for a long time.