Author Topic: Trump rules out seeking a third White House term if he wins reelection...[HUH!]  (Read 374 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Trump rules out seeking a third White House term if he wins reelection
by Brett Samuels - 09/17/23 10:12 AM ET

Former President Donald Trump in an interview airing Sunday said he would not seek a third term if he wins reelection, something that is barred by the Constitution.

“Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker asked Trump if there were “any scenario” where he would seek a third term in office, citing arguments from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) and other rivals that Trump can only do so much for voters since he would be limited to one more term, while other candidates could win two terms.

“No,” Trump said. “Just so you understand, when DeSantis says that, he’s not your man. He’s not your man, I know it because he’s a very untalented guy.”

“When somebody says eight years, we need eight years, no. In six months to a year, many of the problems, almost all of the problems that you and I have just spoken about will be solved,” Trump added. “Anybody that says they need eight years, you don’t want that person.”

Trump is seeking to become the first person since former President Grover Cleveland to serve two non-consecutive terms in the White House. He’s currently the frontrunner for the GOP nomination in 2024, leading the vast majority of national and state level polls by double digits.

The Constitution would prevent Trump from seeking another term in the White House if he wins reelection.

The 22nd Amendment limits presidents to two four-year terms, a measure enacted after former President Franklin Roosevelt was elected to four terms.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4208782-trump-rules-out-seeking-a-third-white-house-term-if-he-wins-reelection/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Trump is such a dipshit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
“Anybody that says they need eight years, you don’t want that person.”
He's already had four and is asking for four more. You're right. I don't want that person because that person is you.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump is calling DeSantis untalented!   :rolling:  If he is so untalented then why won't you debate him????
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Heis not there yet, but he is starting to rival ole Joe in talking out his arse.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Hoodat

He sounds just like his sycophant posters here, blurting out the first thing that pops in their heads without taking a moment to think it through.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Trump is calling DeSantis untalented!   :rolling:  If he is so untalented then why won't you debate him????

:thumbsup:

Offline roamer_1

Heis not there yet, but he is starting to rival ole Joe in talking out his arse.

The voice is different, but the breath smells the same...  :whistle: :laugh:

888high58888