Author Topic: Migrant tent city plan sparks outrage as locals claim there's never money for them  (Read 260 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Migrant tent city plan sparks outrage as locals claim there's never money for them
Story by Bernadette Giacomazzo •
16h

Daily Express US
Chicago: Residents meet to debate proposed migrant camp
The migrant crisis has hit Chicago, with residents of the city's infamous South Side getting fed up with the local governments spending money on the influx of asylum seekers while seemingly ignoring the needs of its residents.

Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson announced his plans to build a "tent city" to house the growing migrant population at a recent town hall meeting.

But this announcement did not sit well with the city's residents, who turned up en masse to protest the idea.

And they held nothing back when it was their turn to speak.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/migrant-tent-city-plan-sparks-outrage-as-locals-claim-there-s-never-money-for-them/ar-AA1gP0RL?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=3487edb08d3846a293f1d83c8a2774d7&ei=23
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Build the tent cities.
And wait until that Chicago winter hits.
Welcome to America, hombres...!
Want to go home...?