Author Topic: The Sad State of Legal Ethics in the Age of 'Get Trump'  (Read 806 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Sad State of Legal Ethics in the Age of 'Get Trump'
« on: September 17, 2023, 01:47:01 pm »
September 17, 2023
By James V. DeLong

John Eastman is a distinguished constitutional expert who had the temerity to advise Donald Trump on legal theories by which suspect electoral results in the 2020 election could be challenged.  These are perfectly valid theories, one should note, and, in a better world, they would have been addressed by the Supreme Court.

For this, he has been viciously attacked by the legal academy, indicted by a rabid Georgia grand jury, and subjected to disbarment proceedings by the California Bar Association.  In a recent American Thinker post, Monica Showalter describes the lynch-law nature of the California proceeding, linking to excellent reporting by Rachel Alexander in the Arizona Sun Times.

If the U.S. courts of appeal and the Supreme Court have any sense of obligation to the law (a debatable assumption, to be sure), Eastman will ultimately be vindicated.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/09/the_sad_state_of_legal_ethics_in_the_age_of_get_trump.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: The Sad State of Legal Ethics in the Age of 'Get Trump'
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 02:00:12 pm »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2023, 04:37:00 pm »
The objective of the persecutors is not just to get Eastman, but to send a message to everyone in the legal world that if people publicly challenge the dominant narrative, they too will be broken on the wheel of financial ruin.  Judging by the tone of the mainstream media, the tactic is working fine.  The only people who know the truth are those attuned to such sites as American Thinker.  Readers of the NYT or WSJ assume that the inquisitors are righteous.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 04:56:48 pm »
The Project 65 website gives no clue about its funding sources.  As a  501(c)(3) organization, it holds itself out to the public and the government as a non-political charity and solicits donations.  But of the three staff members it lists, the managing director "was General Counsel of a national advocacy organization [unnamed] dedicated to expanding ballot access"; the communications strategist is "a veteran of Democratic and progressive political and legislative campaigns"; and the senior adviser "served as a political appointee in the Clinton Administration," was a founder of "a non-profit dedicated to supporting and protecting the Mueller Investigation," and was the "Finance Director of the Democratic National Committee."

The managing director, Michael Teter, bears the same name as the lawyer for Ray Epps, of Jan 6 fame.

Several of the Project 65 complaints are against state attorneys general who filed amicus briefs in Texas v. Pennsylvania, which challenged the 2020 results on the basis of a number of irregularities in key states.  The Supreme Court refused to hear the case on procedural grounds, but Texas certainly documented many serious deficiencies that were never tested in court.  To complain that support for the case was unethical brands the complainer as either legally inept or, himself, unethical.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 05:02:04 pm »
Shakespeare had it right.

“The first thing we do is, let’s kill all the lawyers.” Dick the Butcher
Act IV, Scene II  Henry VI, Part II

Consider that was just before A.D. 1600, think of the money that would have been saved in legal fees... :shrug:
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 05:05:18 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 05:04:14 pm »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 05:15:57 pm »
:bkmk:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 05:21:07 pm »
Shakespeare had it right.

“The first thing we do is, let’s kill all the lawyers.” Dick the Butcher
Act IV, Scene II  Henry VI, Part II

Consider that was just before A.D. 1600, think of the money that would have been saved in legal fees... :shrug:

I think the meaning of the "kill all the lawyers" per Shakespeare was to destroy the rule of law. In today's world "kill all the lawyers" is the means to preserve it.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 04:01:56 am »
Lawyers make arguments all the time that are intended to challenge existing interpretations of current law.  That's neither illegal nor unethical.

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 06:49:22 am »
LEGAL ETHICS....that is an oxymoron, isn't it?

I agree completely with Shakespeare.  America would be much better without lawyers, for they have next to nothing to do  with law or justice.  Courtesy to liberal lawyers, laws are made to be broken and justice does not exist across much of America.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 02:01:54 pm »
LEGAL ETHICS....that is an oxymoron, isn't it?

:yowsa: It wasn't always so but now it's really hard to find an exception!

I agree completely with Shakespeare.  America would be much better without lawyers, for they have next to nothing to do  with law or justice.  Courtesy to liberal lawyers, laws are made to be broken and justice does not exist across much of America.

James Madison had it right when he said:

“The accumulation of all powers, legislative, executive, and judiciary, in the same hands, whether of one, a few, or many, and whether hereditary, self-appointed, or elective, may justly be pronounced the very definition of tyranny.”

Federalist Paper Number 47

Tell me which branch of our government is not under the control of a "same hands" (similar interest) group known as lawyers!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2023, 02:10:59 pm »
Lawyers are white collar professional criminals with JD degrees.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2023, 04:40:29 pm »
Tell me which branch of our government is not under the control of a "same hands" (similar interest) group known as lawyers!

What are the "similar interests" shared by all lawyers?  I don't think I ever got that memo.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2023, 04:44:14 pm »
What are the "similar interests" shared by all lawyers?  I don't think I ever got that memo.

How about we start with creating a playground for themselves on which only THEY can play!

They don't even speak the same language normal people do!

BTW: Public education is headed in the EXACT same direction!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2023, 05:21:13 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2023, 06:27:11 pm »
September 17, 2023
By James V. DeLong

John Eastman is a distinguished constitutional expert who had the temerity to advise Donald Trump on legal theories by which suspect electoral results in the 2020 election could be challenged.  These are perfectly valid theories, one should note, and, in a better world, they would have been addressed by the Supreme Court.

For this, he has been viciously attacked by the legal academy, indicted by a rabid Georgia grand jury, and subjected to disbarment proceedings by the California Bar Association.  In a recent American Thinker post, Monica Showalter describes the lynch-law nature of the California proceeding, linking to excellent reporting by Rachel Alexander in the Arizona Sun Times.

If the U.S. courts of appeal and the Supreme Court have any sense of obligation to the law (a debatable assumption, to be sure), Eastman will ultimately be vindicated.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/09/the_sad_state_of_legal_ethics_in_the_age_of_get_trump.html
While there in no lack of dishonest ambulance chasers on the lib/Dem side, I regard the people who scribble for American Stinker in low repute.
They automatically back anything done by Trump's shysters of whom there are more than a few including John Eastman.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2023, 10:08:30 pm »
“The Constitution prohibits attorneys,” said Barrow thoughtfully, rubbing his chin. “Or rather it prohibits anyone accepting payment in money or anything of value for serving as an advocate in a legal case. People charged with crimes can still appoint someone else to defend and speak for them, those advocates just can’t be paid. It will be considered to be a civic duty, like it was in ancient Rome, where some of the most famous statesmen and philosophers started off as advocates in the law courts. We all know what that provision was meant to prevent. Under the old order, lawyers were an unmitigated horror. The entire court system was essentially nothing more than a gigantic fraud to allow millions of parasites in expensive suits and briefcases to live large off the fruits of human misery. It was a machine that pulled people into it as the raw material to be processed and mangled and crushed like grapes in a wine press, drained of every last penny. We cannot and will not allow that here, not ever. But we do need some kind of court system, although the intention of the 2006 drafters was clearly that it should be as bare minimum as possible.”

- excerpt from "Freedom's Sons", one of the H.A. Covington novels about the Northwest Republic...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2023, 10:32:41 pm »
"Ethics" is nothing more than an  interesting theory when it comes to senior politicians and their families.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!