Author Topic: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds  (Read 10504 times)

Offline Idiot

Re: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2023, 01:15:09 pm »
Translation: I’m not able to dispute the previous points made so I’ll just attack the person making them

Here’s a challenge for you. When responding to others, dispute the points they make vs attacking them
:yowsa:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2023, 01:18:56 pm »
If DeSanctis drops out, oh well there are others I could support.  I just know it sure as h@ll isn't going to be Trump!

Same here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2023, 02:25:39 pm »
@roamer_1

It is obvious you are not the least bit jealous of his wealth.

You're reading way more into two words than there is, @sneakypete - Especially since that is a commonly used phrase for that ride.

I've said it before, and I will say it again, I have no need or desire for wealth. True wealth is measured up in friends and family.

All the gold I want is pouring down in the sunlight on a creek bank somewhere, with me laid back in the middle of it with a fishing pole. There is found true worldly gain.

And all of Tumpy's gold has nothing on that. It is tawdry and garish beside it.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 02:26:59 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2023, 02:35:02 pm »
If DeSanctis drops out, oh well there are others I could support.  I just know it sure as h@ll isn't going to be Trump!

Right now there is no other I would support, but I have not looked to third party yet. And be that as it may, at worst I can leave the top of the ticket bare and go back to the real world.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2023, 02:41:25 pm »
Right now there is no other I would support, but I have not looked to third party yet. And be that as it may, at worst I can leave the top of the ticket bare and go back to the real world.

The Republican Party is telling us that they don't want our vote.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2023, 02:44:40 pm »
I've firmly decided that I will NOT vote for several of the current candidates.

I still have more than six months (a lifetime in politics) to decide who I WILL vote for in the upcoming primary. The way it's shaping up, I might have to go with a write in.  :shrug:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2023, 02:46:53 pm »
It is really  going to be interesting to watch you people shriek and tear your hair out when DeSanctimonious is forced to  drop out.

@sneakypete

*shrugs*

It ain't like it's unexpected. I'll be disappointed, but that's about it.  :shrug:

I am looking for the support of principles, not to the man. If that option is no longer viable, I will look elsewhere. And I already know that is not found in Tumpy. Far from it. So DeSantis out of the game does nothing to help Tumpy from my point of view.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2023, 02:47:22 pm »
If later down the line I was forced to choose between Haley and Trump, I would choose Haley.  She is more Conservative and has balanced a budget before.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2023, 02:49:02 pm »
The Republican Party is telling us that they don't want our vote.

For years and years.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2023, 02:51:03 pm »
@sneakypete

*shrugs*

It ain't like it's unexpected. I'll be disappointed, but that's about it.  :shrug:

I am looking for the support of principles, not to the man. If that option is no longer viable, I will look elsewhere. And I already know that is not found in Tumpy. Far from it. So DeSantis out of the game does nothing to help Tumpy from my point of view.

:amen:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2023, 02:55:34 pm »
For years and years.

The "GOP" you're talking about is not the "party establishment", but the primary voters who keep nominating people with which we don't agree.

The problem has never been the people we elect.  The problem has always been the people who choose who we elect - the voters.  Arguing otherwise is abdicating the responsibility we citizens have over the course of our nation.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2023, 02:59:05 pm »
@Sighlass

Ahhh,I  see that Class Warfare is still alive and "well".

It is really  going to be interesting to watch you people shriek and tear your hair out when DeSanctimonious is forced to  drop out.

You're going to be disappointed.  I don't know anyone here who is emotionally attached to DeSantis the way many Trump supporters are to Trump.

If DeSantis drops out, some of us will support other non-Trump candidates, and some will choose to sit this one out.  That's it.  So if you're waiting for wailing, crying, and hair being torn out, you're going to have to wait until Trump loses the 2024 general election, and then look in the mirror.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2023, 03:00:29 pm »
The "GOP" you're talking about is not the "party establishment", but the primary voters who keep nominating people with which we don't agree.

The problem has never been the people we elect.  The problem has always been the people who choose who we elect - the voters.  Arguing otherwise is abdicating the responsibility we citizens have over the course of our nation.

Except for all the instances where Mitch and his ilk have torpedoed the candidates, WE the people selected you might have a point.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2023, 03:02:51 pm »
Except for all the instances where Mitch and his ilk have torpedoed the candidates, WE the people selected you might have a point.

Mitch didn't cast the votes that gave "his candidates" the primary win.  We (voters generally) did.

Bottom line is that if we (Americans collectively) lose this Republic, it will be our own fault.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 03:07:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2023, 03:05:19 pm »
@Sighlass

At this point, I'm expecting it.  Though it's very early in the game and he hasn't made that announcement. I do know he is a rock solid conservative and I'm glad that he's our governor.  If he drops out of the race, we retain our governor and our country once again lacks a true conservative to vote for.

As far as Trump being the nominee, I still think it's very doubtful.  It will be interesting @sneakypete watching all the Trumpers going bat crap crazy when Trump has to drop out or he loses the WH (again).

This Republic is hanging by a thread.  God help us.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2023, 03:18:23 pm »
Mitch didn't cast the votes that gave "his candidates" the primary win.  We (voters generally) did.

Bottom line is that if we (Americans collectively) lose this Republic, it will be our own fault.

OK! Now you're on to something! WE the people need to learn that voting for the guy with the most money in our primaries is very often not in our best interests. But that doesn't change the fact that even when the people select good candidates that WE want to represent us WE get overruled by the elites. It happens over and over again! Mitch will clandestinely back a Democrat to make sure he doesn't have to deal with someone HE can't dictate to.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2023, 03:29:08 pm »

Absolutely... Which is why I am a Republican no more... Since 07. I have no obligation to party, and I am putting my money only into Conservatives, and I care not about their stripe. If he's a good guy and happens to be a member of the CP, I will help all I can.

No more Rhinestone 'R' for me. That 'R' by Tumpy's name means nothing.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2023, 02:17:17 am »
Don't forget that Trump is "supposed to be" a born again Christian now.  By their fruit you know them...

Twice now on FB I've read comments left from Trumpers saying "Trump is Jesus". Looking at their profile expecting to see some basement dweller only to find pictures of a very normal looking All-American Christian family.   Mathew warned us that even the very elect could be deceived believing in false Christ. Never did I think  I would see it happen in my life time.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #93 on: September 24, 2023, 12:29:31 pm »
You're going to be disappointed.  I don't know anyone here who is emotionally attached to DeSantis the way many Trump supporters are to Trump.

If DeSantis drops out, some of us will support other non-Trump candidates, and some will choose to sit this one out.  That's it.  So if you're waiting for wailing, crying, and hair being torn out, you're going to have to wait until Trump loses the 2024 general election, and then look in the mirror.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #94 on: September 24, 2023, 12:43:58 pm »

pointing-up This
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #95 on: September 24, 2023, 12:46:05 pm »
If later down the line I was forced to choose between Haley and Trump, I would choose Haley.  She is more Conservative and has balanced a budget before.

Same here

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2023, 06:52:44 pm »

@Maj. Bill Martin

That's because you  are more concerned with  manners and the  opinions of your foes than you are winning,and you feel a DEEP NEED to adore any candidate you support.

On the other hand,*I* want someone whose ONLY concern is winning and getting a positive write-up in the history books as "the President that saved America."

You are not going to do with  with a weasel like DeSanctimonious or any other "Republican Factory  Approved Candidate". What THEY want more than anything else is someone that won't upset their apple carts.

Trump doesn't give a damn about apple carts. All he cares about is the history  books.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2023, 06:55:53 pm »
OK! Now you're on to something! WE the people need to learn that voting for the guy with the most money in our primaries is very often not in our best interests. But that doesn't change the fact that even when the people select good candidates that WE want to represent us WE get overruled by the elites. It happens over and over again! Mitch will clandestinely back a Democrat to make sure he doesn't have to deal with someone HE can't dictate to.

@Bigun

And THERE it IS!

Mitch,the Bitch,ain't alone,either. Seems like his "clan" have ALL the power in the alleged Republican Party,and their prime concern seems to be personal power and personal profits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #98 on: September 24, 2023, 07:07:00 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

That's because you  are more concerned with  manners and the  opinions of your foes than you are winning,and you feel a DEEP NEED to adore any candidate you support.

On the other hand,*I* want someone whose ONLY concern is winning and getting a positive write-up in the history books as "the President that saved America."

You are not going to do with  with a weasel like DeSanctimonious or any other "Republican Factory  Approved Candidate". What THEY want more than anything else is someone that won't upset their apple carts.

Trump doesn't give a damn about apple carts. All he cares about is the history  books.

Back in 2008, a lot of Obama supporters were molding him into the image they believed he would be. Not who he really was, or what he would ultimately turn out to be. They went 100% on blind faith into how they envisioned what an Obama presidency would look like. Remember the woman who believe that he would pay for her gas and mortgage? Obama never ran on any promise to pay anybody’s gas or mortgage. But that particular woman believe that would happen.

SP’s post reminds me of that. He’s molding Donald Trump into what he believes even if it’s completely separated from reality. That’s what emotional bonds do.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:17:55 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

« Reply #99 on: September 24, 2023, 07:29:02 pm »
It would be interesting to see how  MAGAs believe crippling tariffs, more spending and more government, which we cannot afford, and will only exacerbate further inflation, a cabinet filled with nothing but Trump loyalists, and an all over the map position on social issues is going to somehow save America

A second Trump term would not only be disastrous for the GOP‘s future prospects, but also for the country as Democrats would make further gains in the following midterms

Barry Goldwater