Author Topic: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds  (Read 10357 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2023, 03:12:28 pm »
Except being that she's the Gov of Iowa, it could backfire at caucus which is just around the corner if it catches fire. Stupid move really.

Agreed - it's dirty politics, but also stupid dirty politics.  I suppose that makes it even worse when it comes to judging Trump for his actions.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2023, 03:59:05 pm »
They don't care if it is true.  They only care if the accusation may give them a momentary political advantage.

You can destroy opposing politicians in a number of ways. One is to make false accusations of immoral or improper conduct. Another is to use lawfare. 

Apparently, many Trump supporters expect the rest of us to consider the former a perfectly acceptable form of hardball politics that we should just "get over".  "Quit whining about mean tweets", etc.

But then they demand that we rally around Trump when Democrats try to destroy him politically through lawfare.  A complete double standard.

Personally, I believe wrongful accusations designed to unfairly destroy the reputation of another person are disqualifying, regardless of whether they involve the legal system or not.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2023, 03:59:12 pm »
 ////00000////

Riiiiiiight.  Trump's most challenging political appointment just happens to be having an extra-marital affair with the Governor of Iowa?

If this tall tale had any truth in it, I'd say "At least DeSantis doesn't have to pay women to have sex with him, unlike Trump."

What's next?  A homosexual affair with New Hampshire governor, Chris Sununu?

Maybe those rumors about GOP cocaine-fueled orgies are true.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2023, 08:56:36 pm »
Don't forget that Trump is "supposed to be" a born again Christian now.  By their fruit you know them...
I've dealt with many 'born again christians' (yes no caps on purpose) they talk the talk reasonably well, all the while lying through their teeth  to actual Christians all just to get their business or cash, they talk the talk but never walk the walk. Orange man is a talker(duplicitous bullshiter) who doesn't have a clue how to walk the walk.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2023, 11:44:24 pm »
Don't forget that Trump is "supposed to be" a born again Christian now.  By their fruit you know them...
That's why he hides behind the surrogates.

Stone's Rules.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2023, 12:09:41 am »
I've dealt with many 'born again christians' (yes no caps on purpose) they talk the talk reasonably well, all the while lying through their teeth  to actual Christians all just to get their business or cash, they talk the talk but never walk the walk. Orange man is a talker(duplicitous bullshiter) who doesn't have a clue how to walk the walk.

I agree; I too have found that born again christians talk the talk but don't walk the walk and yes, they lie to get ahead.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2023, 01:55:54 am »
I agree; I too have found that born again christians talk the talk but don't walk the walk and yes, they lie to get ahead.
Well not all of them, my last employer was one that talked the talk and walked the walk, that's why i put the ones I was talking about in all lower case, I have known 'Born Again Christians that practice what they preach, but for me personally? not that many **nononono*

That's why I will always only refer to my self as a believer in the Lord who does his best not to sin....too much. You just can't bullshit God!

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2023, 02:23:23 am »
As Christians, we are all witnesses for Christ.  Sometimes we're good witnesses, and sometimes we are bad witnesses.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2023, 02:36:48 am »

One of his spiritual advisors is Paula White. That explains a LOT about Trump’s (spiritual) worldview.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2023, 05:33:19 am »
In other "spreading false stories" news from MAGAland:

MAGA promoted Michael Wolff’s absurd claim that DeSantis kicked Tucker Carlson’s dog during a dinner. ... Tucker has now confirmed Wolff’s reporting was false, as if that wasn’t obvious.

https://twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1704526121398669365

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/status/1704527768573059509

I hate to say it, but a certain large percentage of Trump online pushers are just lying trash scumbags that will do anything/say anything to win. The very same as they claimed to be against years ago. They have basically morphed into the enemy they claimed to hate.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2023, 05:42:41 am »
I hate to say it, but a certain large percentage of Trump online pushers are just lying trash scumbags that will do anything/say anything to win. The very same as they claimed to be against years ago. They have basically morphed into the enemy they claimed to hate.

Right, except that it's been so from the very day he stepped off the golden escalator.  :shrug:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2023, 12:18:24 pm »
One of his spiritual advisors is Paula White. That explains a LOT about Trump’s (spiritual) worldview.
Yes.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #62 on: September 22, 2023, 03:26:40 pm »

@Sighlass

Me thinks you're making too much of this, in general.

Exactly, who is this "MAGA" group?  Because, it appears to me it's a phony group set up merely to be a 'Gift' that keeps on giving.

Anytime you want to get the NT's riled up, spread some crap as being the "MAGA" POV.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #63 on: September 22, 2023, 04:04:48 pm »
She preaches the prosperity gospel.  I could see how he'd follow her.

That's  right...But even at that, I think his getting saved was a bit theatrical, and an election year ploy. He won't get anywhere without the Christians.

Online corbe

« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2023, 04:12:33 pm »
   He proved he's not anywhere near a Christian, in true belief (I am not either), by referring to the second Corinthians as Two Corinthians and holding the Bible upside down on the few occasions he used it as a political prop.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2023, 04:13:15 pm »
@Sighlass

Exactly, who is this "MAGA" group?  Because, it appears to me it's a phony group set up merely to be a 'Gift' that keeps on giving.

Anytime you want to get the NT's riled up, spread some crap as being the "MAGA" POV.

No @DCPatriot ... What he says is true. And the thing I despise most. Because prior to Tumpy, I felt I could trust that the sound coming out of the Right was generally truthful. Now it's all bullshit, from one direction or another... Now I trust nothing. That's Tumpy's most infamous contribution. And it happens, even here. And it offends me.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #66 on: September 22, 2023, 05:57:49 pm »
@Sighlass

It certainly isn't all Trump supporters, but you can see bunches of them over at TOS.  It also includes known media/campaign allies.  For example, Laura Loomer is one of those who pushed the DeSantis/Reynolds rumor. 

And honestly, they used to get posted here all the time by RiV, who would then claim that she wasn't actually spreading false rumors because all she was doing was repeating with links something that was posted somewhere else.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 06:04:08 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #67 on: September 22, 2023, 06:46:07 pm »
It certainly isn't all Trump supporters, but you can see bunches of them over at TOS.  It also includes known media/campaign allies.  For example, Laura Loomer is one of those who pushed the DeSantis/Reynolds rumor. 

And honestly, they used to get posted here all the time by RiV, who would then claim that she wasn't actually spreading false rumors because all she was doing was repeating with links something that was posted somewhere else.

*FACTS*

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #68 on: September 22, 2023, 08:53:38 pm »
Laura Loomer is mad as the proverbial hatter.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online LMAO

« Reply #69 on: September 22, 2023, 09:38:42 pm »

Or demand that others prove the accusations wrong or ask if questioning the false and/or unsubstantiated rumor was a “new conservative value”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #70 on: September 23, 2023, 02:49:43 am »

Phony group? More like mindless zombies with no direction beyond attack.

What is Mega? Trump fan(atics) that would rather spread rumors to win instead of vetting their rants to facts. Mega to me is twitter accounts that have "mega" somewhere in their title/picture/name (and there is a lot). Mega fans is Trump folks that would rather skip flaws that address them (and there is a lot).

Have we seen that with other candidate's followers? Yes but not to this scale.  Cruz's campaign (not Cruz himself) got embarrassed when it said Ben Carson was leaving the race without proof. Cruz took action about it, as he should of. Another example: Cruz communication's director (again, not Cruz) misquoting Rubio about something he said when passing a Cruz worker reading a Bible. Mistakes happen, you own up to them and do what the Bible says "quickly beg forgiveness". Now days, what happens, mega folks double down and just keep lying without retractions...

Lets take for example: the person in the original trash post (JoMa)... look at their twitter feed... just one fake rumor after another fake rumor/half truth/ or one off quotes of nobodies. When confronted, he throws rude crass junk insults and moves on. Example: recently he (JoMa) said QUOTE: "Team DeSantis will tell you that you’re a full blown communist on the fast-track to hell if you care more about securing the border, reducing inflation, and stopping the Ukraine gravy train, than you do about what bathroom Caitlyn Jenner uses at Trump Tower." /END QUOTE

Anyone that is a steward of politics knows that parts of this are just a freaking lies... Most of us know that DeSantis cares about all the points he (JoMa) brought up... but differs in some positions (Ukraine for example). Trump has a history (fruits) of failing on several of those, inflation (due to his deficits in the trillions) and his NY values of ignoring gay issues (and even promoting some in the military). Trump IMHO misses on most all the targets (except oil production which always helps the economy). Trump IMHO opinion is wrong on Russia in some ways (and makes some weird comments on both Putin). Russia is not our friend, they never have been, never will. They wanted that sea port, they took it, they should expect pushback otherwise they will just keep taking and taking. That said, Biden thinks throwing money at things is how it works, and his planning (or more accurately "lack of planning") gave the Taliban a lot of US weapons, billions and billions to the enemy. Trump's foreign policy seems to be "he can't be bothered cause it gets messy"... There can be some wisdom to that, but it also reeks of being weak to others.

Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: September 23, 2023, 09:38:14 am »
Right, except that it's been so from the very day he stepped off the golden escalator.  :shrug:

@roamer_1

It is obvious you are not the least bit jealous of his wealth.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2023, 09:45:50 am »

What is Mega? Trump fan(atics) that would rather spread rumors to win instead of vetting their rants to facts. Mega to me is twitter accounts that have "mega" somewhere in their title/picture/name (and there is a lot). Mega fans is Trump folks that would rather skip flaws that address them (and there is a lot).

Have we seen that with other candidate's followers? Yes but not to this scale.  Cruz's campaign (not Cruz himself) got embarrassed when it said Ben Carson was leaving the race without proof. Cruz took action about it, as he should of. Another example: Cruz communication's director (again, not Cruz) misquoting Rubio about something he said when passing a Cruz worker reading a Bible. Mistakes happen, you own up to them and do what the Bible says "quickly beg forgiveness". Now days, what happens, mega folks double down and just keep lying without retractions...

Lets take for example: the person in the original trash post (JoMa)... look at their twitter feed... just one fake rumor after another fake rumor/half truth/ or one off quotes of nobodies. When confronted, he throws rude crass junk insults and moves on. Example: recently he (JoMa) said QUOTE: "Team DeSantis will tell you that you’re a full blown communist on the fast-track to hell if you care more about securing the border, reducing inflation, and stopping the Ukraine gravy train, than you do about what bathroom Caitlyn Jenner uses at Trump Tower." /END QUOTE

Anyone that is a steward of politics knows that parts of this are just a freaking lies... Most of us know that DeSantis cares about all the points he (JoMa) brought up... but differs in some positions (Ukraine for example). Trump has a history (fruits) of failing on several of those, inflation (due to his deficits in the trillions) and his NY values of ignoring gay issues (and even promoting some in the military). Trump IMHO misses on most all the targets (except oil production which always helps the economy). Trump IMHO opinion is wrong on Russia in some ways (and makes some weird comments on both Putin). Russia is not our friend, they never have been, never will. They wanted that sea port, they took it, they should expect pushback otherwise they will just keep taking and taking. That said, Biden thinks throwing money at things is how it works, and his planning (or more accurately "lack of planning") gave the Taliban a lot of US weapons, billions and billions to the enemy. Trump's foreign policy seems to be "he can't be bothered cause it gets messy"... There can be some wisdom to that, but it also reeks of being weak to others.

@Sighlass

Ahhh,I  see that Class Warfare is still alive and "well".

It is really  going to be interesting to watch you people shriek and tear your hair out when DeSanctimonious is forced to  drop out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online LMAO

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2023, 11:41:55 am »
@Sighlass

Ahhh,I  see that Class Warfare is still alive and "well".

It is really  going to be interesting to watch you people shriek and tear your hair out when DeSanctimonious is forced to  drop out.

Translation: I’m not able to dispute the previous points made so I’ll just attack the person making them

Here’s a challenge for you. When responding to others, dispute the points they make vs attacking them
« Last Edit: September 23, 2023, 11:49:23 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2023, 11:47:21 am »

Well said

Every GOP candidate running is more conservative than Trump. And Trump’s 2024 campaign is definitely more left leaning than his 2016 run

At least in 2016, he acknowledged the debt as being a problem. Now, he’s eager to add to it

Barry Goldwater