Author Topic: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds  (Read 10339 times)

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: MAGA spreads rumors of a DeSantis affair with Kim Reynolds
« Reply #250 on: September 27, 2023, 02:56:10 pm »
@Maj.Bill Martin  @Right_in_Virginia

Nothing starts the morning  out quite as well as a little snobbery.

Oh,lawdy,lawdy,whur wood murika be toady widout collige edumacated leeders lak Biden n Harris?

I was making a demographic point, not saying that being college-education makes anyone smarter or better than anyone else.  But hey, you do you.  And thanks for confirming my point about what MAGA Republicans think about the college-educated demographic.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #251 on: September 27, 2023, 02:58:11 pm »
I was making a demographic point, not saying that being college-education makes anyone smarter or better than anyone else.  But hey, you do you.  And thanks for confirming my point about what MAGA Republicans think about the college-educated demographic.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Ahhh,you deny it in the first sentence,and then  verify it in the next one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #252 on: September 27, 2023, 03:08:46 pm »
Both my wife and I are also college educated. She voted for him twice. I voted for him once. Neither one of us will be voting for him this time.

My parents are both working class Democrats who voted for him in 2020 that will not be voting for him in 2024

As of now, we are leaning DeSantis. But that could change down the road. None of us are emotionally invested in any of the candidates. That clouds judgment.

All the GOP candidates running really need to force Donald Trump to defend his extreme positions. It will probably upset the MAGAs and cost them the primary. But it must be done.

I was just pointing to the demographics.  Historically, Republicans had done best among those with a basic college degree.  Democrats tended to win the working class and those with advanced degrees.  That has now shifted to where those with a high school diploma or less are more likely to be Republican and those with college degrees are more likely to vote Democrat.  It's just math, not a value judgment.

So, my point was that if you've got a degree, you're not part of the MAGA base, and they may not care how you/we vote anyway because they consider us not one of "them" anyway.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #253 on: September 27, 2023, 03:12:55 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Ahhh,you deny it in the first sentence, and then  verify it in the next one.

If you say so.

Online LMAO

« Reply #254 on: September 27, 2023, 04:15:48 pm »
I don’t look down on people who don’t have a college degree. There are people with useful skills that never went into a university. 

The University system is a lot different today than it was when I went, though. Debate was not only allowed but encouraged.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #255 on: September 27, 2023, 04:18:31 pm »
That's funny.  My wife's half Sicilian, and she says that's not at all what that means.

I am half Sicilian too...   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #256 on: September 27, 2023, 05:17:46 pm »
I don’t look down on people who don’t have a college degree. There are people with useful skills that never went into a university. 

Oh hell yes.  That's one thing that's great about the military.  Even if you go in with a big head because you have a college degree, you will very quickly learn the mountain of things you don't know, and how there are so many guys without that education who know so much more than you do.  You also learn that education and intelligence are two very different things.

But just as it is bad to look down on people because they have less formal education, it is equally bad to look down on people just because they have more.  And unfortunately, there are both kinds of people down there who look down on others for those reasons.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2023, 05:33:50 pm »

besa mi culo

Is Texan for "I love my yankee friends!" @DCPatriot
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2023, 07:18:10 pm »
besa mi culo

ROFL!     :beer:  @Bigun
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline berdie

« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2023, 08:24:05 pm »
besa mi culo

Oh, @Bigun...that made me  :rolling: :rolling:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #261 on: September 30, 2023, 11:09:18 pm »

Which IS arrogance and snobbery.

It certainly is ASSumption.

And usually a bit of resentment (class warfare) and jealousy.

Shouldn’t be, because so many degrees in the last 30 years are completely useless.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 11:11:38 pm by the OlLine Rebel »
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.