Author Topic: Vivek Ramaswamy has a plan to eviscerate the Deep State  (Read 375 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Vivek Ramaswamy has a plan to eviscerate the Deep State
« on: September 16, 2023, 02:40:17 pm »
September 15, 2023
Vivek Ramaswamy has a plan to eviscerate the Deep State
By Andrea Widburg

People should pay close attention to Vivek Ramaswamy’s idea because he is willing to think outside of the box about how government should work, compared to the grotesque behemoth we now have in D.C. Most importantly, he thinks it’s possible for the president to fire most of the federal workforce. He’s not just talking about Schedule F political appointees. He wants to empty buildings full of ideologically corrupt agencies.

Schedule F employees are those people in the federal government who hold political offices and serve at the president’s will. When Democrats come into office, they usually fire everyone; when Republicans come into office, they don’t. Democrat administrations have agency leaders who align with their policies; Republicans don’t.

Part of this is a manpower problem. Leftists gravitate toward D.C.; conservatives don’t. From any pool of candidates with the basic skills for a position, most will be Democrats. (As an aside, a small organization called American Moment is working hard to change that by creating a cadre of young people who are true conservatives, wise in the ways of D.C., and ready to take on political jobs. I got to meet Saurabh Sharma, the president and co-founder, and came away impressed by both his ideas and his energy.)

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/09/vivek_ramaswamy_has_a_plan_to_eviscerate_the_deep_state.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Re: Vivek Ramaswamy has a plan to eviscerate the Deep State
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 02:56:07 pm »
What he says perhaps sounds wonderful, his abilities to do so is questionable.  He is very good at articulating what people want to hear.  He has the ability to target issues and connect, yet what can he himself truly accomplish and how?  He may not the 'magician' he proclaims to be, we have a Congress that he needs to go through or should go through.  I will assume he has no idea of the ins and outs of government (similar to someone else we know :whistle:).

Saurabh Sharma, leader of the American Moment???  Sorry to sound racist, but the name alone raises question.

Ramsy IS part of the Deep State.  Obammy 2.0
« Last Edit: September 16, 2023, 02:58:07 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 04:04:23 pm »
What he says perhaps sounds wonderful, his abilities to do so is questionable.  He is very good at articulating what people want to hear.  He has the ability to target issues and connect, yet what can he himself truly accomplish and how?  He may not the 'magician' he proclaims to be, we have a Congress that he needs to go through or should go through.  I will assume he has no idea of the ins and outs of government (similar to someone else we know :whistle:).

Saurabh Sharma, leader of the American Moment???  Sorry to sound racist, but the name alone raises question.

Ramsy IS part of the Deep State.  Obammy 2.0
I thought we already had a republican candidate with a proven history of making promises he couldn't keep, so why do we need a knockoff lite version?

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 05:08:10 pm »
Sunshine and shinola.

The ONLY way you get rid of the deep state is with a Republican Party brought back to its roots, in majority in congress. That is a Majority of CONSERVATIVES in Congress - A Congress, jealous of its powers.

That congress, committed to Constitutional boundaries and balanced budget, automatically eliminates the deep state, as if it were its native instinct.

ANY move but a move toward a small government minded Right and a concerted, organized way to get there is just lies.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 05:26:36 pm »
 :yawn2:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 08:03:15 pm »
But Vivek thinks he’s found a way around the problem of the roughly 2 million federal employees, most of whom are leftists, all of whom are expensive, and many of whom are defiantly partisan and hostile to the American people:

Referencing 5 USC 3301 and 5 USC 3302, he argued that the president has considerable power over staffing in the civil service, including the competitive civil service.

He also challenged the idea that a specific section of the U.S. Code, 5 USC 7513(a), dictates that the president can only fire such employees “for.. cause.”

“Turns out large-scale reductions in force are not covered by the statute,” he said, arguing that mass layoffs of that sort are governed by a much less restrictive statute, 5 USC 3502.

“Large-scale mass layoffs are absolutely what we will bring to the DC bureaucracy,” Mr. Ramaswamy pledged to applause and cheers from the America First Policy Institute audience.

He suggested that potential cabinet position heads should be subject to a “litmus test”–”that that agency head is prepared to carry out mass layoff.”

In addition, Mr. Ramaswamy asserted that provisions of the Reorganization Act of 1977, found at 5 USC 901, empower the president to reorganize, consolidate, and even shut down federal agencies.

[snip]

He further argued that the Supreme Court case INS v. Chadha does not limit the president’s mandate over agencies as established by the Reorganization Act of 1977.

If Vivek is right, what we’re looking at is the wholesale remaking of the American government, breaking apart the bureaucratic monolith that Woodrow Wilson built, Frank Roosevelt put on rocket fuel, LBJ put on atomic energy, and Obama and Biden have turned into a massive nuclear bomb.

If you're worried that this probably won’t hurt and may help government efficiency, don’t forget that Elon Musk fired 80% of X’s workforce. Since then, the site has chugged along just fine. Its problems aren’t because of staffing; they’re because leftist NGOs and the Obama administration are trying to destroy it.

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.americanthinker.com%2Fblog%2F2023%2F09%2Fvivek_ramaswamy_has_a_plan_to_eviscerate_the_deep_state.html
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home