Author Topic: Trump says he's pleased by Putin's praise: 'I like that he said that'  (Read 688 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump says he's pleased by Putin's praise: 'I like that he said that'

Former President Trump in a new interview welcomed recent comments from Russian President Vladimir Putin embracing Trump’s pledge to end the war in Ukraine within 24 hours if he’s reelected.

“Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker quoted recent comments from Putin in which the Russian leader said Trump “says he will resolve all burning issues within several days, including the Ukrainian crisis. We cannot help but feel happy about it.”

“I like that he said that because that means what I’m saying is right,” Trump said when asked about the comments in an interview published Friday. “I would get him into a room, I would get [Ukrainian President] Zelensky into a room and I would get a deal worked out.”

Trump has frequently pledged that he would bring the conflict between Russia and Ukraine to an end in a matter of hours if elected president, something his Republican rivals and Democratic critics have scoffed at and suggested could only happen by ceding to Putin’s demands.

When Welker noted that Russian forces have bombed Ukrainian maternity wards and indiscriminately targeted civilians, Trump said, “it’s all terrible.”

Russia launched an unprovoked invasion of Ukraine in February 2022. The Biden administration, with bipartisan support in Congress, has provided billions of dollars in military and humanitarian assistance to Ukraine in the months since, with President Biden vowing to stand with Ukraine for as long as it takes to win the war.

Trump has been critical of ongoing U.S. support, and some of his allies in Congress have opposed additional funding for Ukraine.

The former president has faced frequent criticism for his attitude and rhetoric toward Putin. ...............

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4207237-trump-putin-praise-means-what-im-saying-is-right/

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Trump says he's pleased by Putin's praise: 'I like that he said that'
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 01:52:15 am »
 :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2: :facepalm2:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 03:25:42 am »
“I like that he said that because that means what I’m saying is right,” Trump said when asked about the comments in an interview published Friday.

Is Trump actually that stupid??

No, you idiot, Putin's agreement doesn't mean you're right.  It means that what you're saying serves Putin's own interests.

Online DB

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 04:33:24 am »
His pride far exceeds all other considerations.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2023, 09:08:33 am »
“‘I like that he said that because that means what I’m saying is right,’ Trump said”

A.  Trump is not going to be elected back to the Presidency, so it’s moot.
B.  Putin is praising Trump because any “deal” locks in the occupation by Russia.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2023, 09:13:06 am »
“The former president has faced frequent criticism for his attitude and rhetoric toward Putin.”

I do not understand the admiration of Putin by so many erstwhile conservatives.  They’ve obviously never heard the accounts of Central and Eastern Europeans who had to live under the Russian jackboot.  I for one will never support the hegemony of that evil country.  The world would be far better served with Putin dead and Russia disarmed and shattered into 40 mini-states.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2023, 09:14:05 am »
Is Trump actually that stupid??

No, you idiot, Putin's agreement doesn't mean you're right.  It means that what you're saying serves Putin's own interests.

:thumbsup:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2023, 10:59:24 am »
Trump is such an obnoxious fool.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2023, 11:50:50 am »
Seriously, what's wrong with this guy? Read the room bro.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2023, 04:50:29 pm »
I do not understand the admiration of Putin by so many erstwhile conservatives.

The short answer is that they see Putin as a Nationalist, Ukraine as representative of globalism, so they root for nationalism over globalism.

There are obviously problems with that reasoning, but that's basically it.

Offline corbe

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2023, 05:00:57 pm »
    It will be similar to the tragic deal he made with the RNC in 16,  He got their leader as his CoS and they backstabbed him for 7 years.  What a frigging deal!!!!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.