Author Topic: The Army’s Most Important Warfighting Tool Isn’t A Weapon, It’s A Network  (Read 256 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army’s Most Important Warfighting Tool Isn’t A Weapon, It’s A Network
Loren Thompson

Sep 14, 2023,11:03am EDT
U.S. soldiers at the "tactical edge."
Soldiers at the "tactical edge" desperately need a resilient, secure network.WIKIPEDIA
The U.S. Army is in the midst of a technological transformation that is transporting its culture from the industrial age into the digital era.

Every facet of the institution is being rebuilt in the belief that success in future conflicts will be determined by who controls information and can exploit it to maximum advantage.

At the center of this transformation is a high-speed, high-capacity network, without which the service’s future posture cannot function.

The network connects all of the force’s pieces—not just the infantry, aviation, artillery and armor, but the logisticians and intelligence organizations that support tactical operations.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/lorenthompson/2023/09/14/the-armys-most-important-warfighting-tool-isnt-a-weapon-its-a-network/?sh=100d5e7d127c
« Last Edit: September 15, 2023, 06:38:16 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If thought for sure the answer would be trannies! *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson