Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson Wants to Open City-Owned Grocery Stores  (Read 3777 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson Wants to Open City-Owned Grocery Stores
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2023, 04:37:12 pm »
It’s worth noting the Soviets tried this and got food shortages. And they put shoplifters in the gulag.

My point exactly.  Shoplift from a private store, the government does nothing.  But shoplift from a government store?  Expect the full wrath of Big Brother upon you.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2023, 04:49:53 pm »
Does anyone else see Alinsky in this operation?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2023, 09:25:22 pm »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2023, 01:18:35 pm »
Erin Hegarty
@erin_hegarty
More news: Mayor Brandon Johnson signs an executive order creating a "first of its kind" Chief Homelessness Officer for the City of Chicago. The position will address the city's homelessness crisis.

5:14 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Dan Butters Butterworth
@DanButtersChi
Chief Homelessness Officer: Starting Salary $173,250 plus benefits
It writes itself
5:24 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Dan Butters Butterworth
@DanButtersChi
One things for sure, can’t have a Chief Homelessness Officer without a Deputy Chief Homelessness Officer.
6:17 PM · Oct 3, 2023
He admits he's guessing at the salary, but I suspect he's very close.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org