Author Topic: Climate Censorship Is Worse Than You Think  (Read 184 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate Censorship Is Worse Than You Think
« on: September 15, 2023, 11:36:10 am »
WRITTEN BY STEVE AMBLER ON SEP 14, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Climate Censorship Is Worse Than You Think

Censorship over opinions concerning whether we are in a climate emergency, catastrophe, apocalypse, or even worse has made headlines recently because of the well-known travails of Jordan Peterson, who has been ordered by the College of Psychologists of Ontario (CPO) to undergo re-education at the hands of a social media “expert” for an indefinite period and at his own expense. [emphasis, links added]

The CPO reprimanded Peterson for, among other things, remarks he made on a Joe Rogan podcast concerning climate change policy, a subject that bears no relationship to his clinical practice as a psychologist.

Many observers have pointed out the chilling effect of the CPO ruling: members of any professional association (engineers, lawyers, accountants, medical professionals, teachers, etc.) will now hesitate to speak up on matters of public interest, even if these have nothing whatsoever to do with their professional activities.

Even worse (if possible) have been the tactics used to discredit Peterson’s views.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/climate-censorship-is-worse-than-you-think/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson