Author Topic: Fact Check: Nancy Pelosi Claims It’s ‘Hogwash’ She Initiated Impeachment Inquiry Without Vote  (Read 320 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Fact Check: Nancy Pelosi Claims It’s ‘Hogwash’ She Initiated Impeachment Inquiry Without Vote

Wendell Husebø 14 Sep 2023

CLAIM: Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi told MSNBC on Thursday the media’s assertion that she initiated an impeachment inquiry into former President Donald Trump without a vote is “hogwash” and “ridiculous.”

VERDICT: FALSE. Pelosi launched an impeachment inquiry into Trump without a vote on September 24, 2019. Over a month later, on October 31, 2019, the House approved a resolution to formalize the procedures of the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

“Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Democratic leaders will hold off on a full House vote authorizing an impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump,” Politico reported on October 15, 2019.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1702316820458279017

Pelosi, however, appeared on Thursday to ignore the timeline of events of almost four years ago.

“Speaker McCarthy made the argument the other day that, ‘Well, Nancy Pelosi set this precedent. She waited a long time to have a vote on the first impeachment of Donald Trump,'” MSNBC’s anchor said to preface his question.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/14/fact-check-nancy-pelosi-claims-its-hogwash-she-initiated-impeachment-inquiry-without-vote/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
She is a lying dog-faced former speaker of the house.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online mountaineer

She's as much a liar as Dementia Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Nancy Pelosi, as Speaker, was a threat to democracy.

She prevented debate and amendment of the Obamacare legislation by shoe-horning it into the "Budget Reconciliation" process.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Remember, Kids! This is the woman who almost unilaterally put the skids to any additional security at the Capitol on 1/6, despite requests from the Capitol Hill Police, DC Cops, and even Donald J Trump.

I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her $25,000 ice cream freezer.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What is the wattage on that $25,000 ice cream freezer?

Is it EPA Energy Star certified?  If not, a little girl from Sweden will be upset.

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright