Author Topic: Trump Isn't Winning Black Voters, He's Losing White Voters  (Read 654 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump Isn't Winning Black Voters, He's Losing White Voters
« on: September 13, 2023, 10:52:54 pm »
https://www.newsweek.com/trump-isnt-winning-black-voters-hes-losing-white-voters-opinion-1826056

In recent weeks, a chorus of conservative media personalities and Trump campaign surrogates have emerged to assure us the former president is poised to secure an unprecedented 20 percent of the Black vote in a rematch against President Biden next year. Such a performance would be a modern-day achievement for the Republican Party. But the chances of it happening are slim to none.

Our team analyzed every poll with publicly available crosstabs featured in RealClearPolitics in the month of August. Seven out of the nine studies showed Trump performing well below his 2020 levels with White voters. An average of all nine polls found Trump's lead over Biden with White voters has shrunk from 17 points in 2020 to just 9 points now.

Mathematically, it would be implausible for Trump to offset his losses with White voters with gains among Black voters, since the former outnumber the latter by a ratio of about 7 to 1. For every one percentage point Trump loses among Whites, he would need seven percentage points among Blacks just to break even—a daunting task.

History offers a stark reminder of what Republicans can expect if Trump were to only win Whites by 9 points. In 2008, John McCain won White voters by 12, and still lost in a landslide while Democrats clinched 21 House seats.

(excerpt)

note: I found it incredibly difficult to excerpt the key points from this because it is so dense with valuable stats.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline NavyCanDo

Re: Trump Isn't Winning Black Voters, He's Losing White Voters
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 02:09:41 am »
At this point in 2019 I would comment that I wasn't a huge fan of Trump but I'd crawl on broken glass to vote for him in 2020.  That was then, this is now.  Not a snow balls chance in Hell. I'll write in a name if I have too.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2023, 05:40:34 am »
@jmyrlefuller

Why do you care? You hate Trump and don't want to see him elected,anyway.

Hell,you don't even think he CAN  be elected.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2023, 07:12:52 am »
Every election we hear of "winning black voters" and it never really materializes. Blacks vote 95% or more liberal, black women vote even higher percentages. The only thing that helps conservatives is the high abortion rate (hate to say it). It would be nice to get the Latino vote higher right leaning and just to forget the black vote entirely. 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2023, 11:37:36 am »
Very bad news for Trump assuming this poll is accurate

Trump is not an unknown. Public opinion is pretty much set in stone when it comes to Trump.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2023, 11:57:15 am »
Very bad news for Trump assuming this poll is accurate

Trump is not an unknown. Public opinion is pretty much set in stone when it comes to Trump.

Except that, while it almost certainly can't get any better, it can certainly get worse.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2023, 12:09:22 pm »
Except that, while it almost certainly can't get any better, it can certainly get worse.

Trump has become the Republican Hillary Clinton

The DNC kept trying to “reintroduce” Hillary to the public with several make overs but the public knew her to well to buy it
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2023, 12:10:15 pm »

The DNC kept trying to “reintroduce” Hillary to the public with several make overs but the public knew her to well to buy it

:thumbsup:

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2023, 01:00:02 pm »

That's true in a sense, perhaps.

The big difference is that Trump has a hard core of supporters who absolutely adore him, whereas NOBODY liked Hillary, not even Democrat operatives and activists.

Trump's problem is that there are far too many people who despise him and would never consider voting for him, and nothing is going to change that.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2023, 01:01:25 pm »
At this point in 2019 I would comment that I wasn't a huge fan of Trump but I'd crawl on broken glass to vote for him in 2020.  That was then, this is now.  Not a snow balls chance in Hell. I'll write in a name if I have too.

That was my attitude in 2019 as well. Having said that, I won't vote for Trump, and there is no way in heck I'll be voting for the Libertarian or other third parties, so I'll just leave the choice blank.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2023, 01:14:58 pm »

Same here. Well I didn't approve of everything he did and said, I was a rock solid trump voter in 2020.  But he has lost me completely since then.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2023, 01:17:42 pm »
Same here. Well I didn't approve of everything he did and said, I was a rock solid trump voter in 2020.  But he has lost me completely since then.

Same here.