Author Topic: B-21 Raider Seen Like Never Before In New Images  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-21 Raider Seen Like Never Before In New Images
« on: September 13, 2023, 06:02:38 pm »
B-21 Raider Seen Like Never Before In New Images
We have just been given our first side view of Northrop Grumman’s B-21 Raider stealth bomber, an aircraft that remains cloaked in secrecy.

BY
TYLER ROGOWAY
|
PUBLISHED SEP 12, 2023 2:17 PM EDT

During Air Force Chief of Staff Charles Q. Brown's speech at this year's Air & Space Forces Association's mega conference outside of Washington, D.C., the soon-to-be Chairman of the Joint Chiefs dropped two new images of the B-21 Raider. While the stealth bomber was rolled out in December of last year, it remains cloaked in secrecy. Brown, the top Air Force uniformed officer, didn't specifically reference the images in his presentation.

Up until today, only one angle of the full aircraft has been seen by the public — head-on — and in a very controlled environment at the bomber's unveiling. Aside from a close-up of the cockpit area at an angle, all imagery published since then has been from the same head-on perspective, although it has progressively shown the aircraft in more detail. Now we have our first quartering view of the flying-wing jet, which provides significant details about its design. A new head-on image also gives us a better idea of the bomber's actual size. Both images were taken at Northrop Grumman's facility at Plant 42 in Palmdale, California.

We will be updating this post shortly with our full analysis, but in the meantime, here are those images taken from the video presentation:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/b-21-raider-seen-like-never-before-in-new-images
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: B-21 Raider Seen Like Never Before In New Images
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 06:04:07 pm »
Why do I get the sickening feeling the B-21 is the flying version of the Littoral combat ship? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson