Author Topic: Air Force Says It Remains Confident in Osprey Aircraft Despite Recent Deadly Mishaps  (Read 236 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Air Force Says It Remains Confident in Osprey Aircraft Despite Recent Deadly Mishaps

12 Sep 2023
Military.com | By Thomas Novelly and Konstantin Toropin

NATIONAL HARBOR, Maryland -- Air Force officials told Military.com that they remain confident in the CV-22 Osprey amid recent deadly crashes, some of which have been attributed to an elusive ongoing mechanical issue.

A Marine Corps Osprey crashed in Australia last month, killing three Marines; the cause is still being investigated. Additionally, another Marine Corps Osprey went down last year in Southern California, claiming the lives of five Marines. Findings revealed in July showed the cause of that crash was a hard clutch engagement, a mechanical issue that has plagued the military for more than a decade.

But the Air Force, which uses the aircraft for special operations missions, remains dedicated, committed and confident in the aircraft, officials said.

"These are fellow crew members that we've trained with in the past, so it always hits home. Our condolences remain with them," Brig. Gen. Michael Conley, the Air Force Special Operations Command director of operations, told Military.com in an exclusive interview last week. "We remain confident in the aircraft."

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/09/12/air-force-says-it-remains-confident-osprey-aircraft-despite-recent-deadly-mishaps.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If the AF says it's a good aircraft, you can take that info to the bank.  *****rollingeyes***** On the other hand, don't be surprised if the Osprey numbers start dwindling in 6 months. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson