Author Topic: Three officers facing disciplinary action over SEAL trainee’s death  (Read 320 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Three officers facing disciplinary action over SEAL trainee’s death
By Geoff Ziezulewicz
 Sep 12, 05:47 PM

Three Naval Special Warfare Command officers are facing admiral’s mast disciplinary hearings in connection to the death of a SEAL trainee last year, officials have confirmed.

Capt. Brian Dreschler, Capt. Bradley Geary and Cmdr. Erik Ramey are all facing the nonjudicial punishment, although command officials declined to say when the hearings could take place or which charges the three are facing, citing Navy practices that generally prohibit the release of such administrative records.

Each officer held a senior position in the SEAL training process on Feb. 4, 2022, when SEAL candidate Seaman Kyle Mullen, 24, died of acute pneumonia. He and his Basic Underwater Demolition/SEAL (BUD/S) class had just wrapped up the “Hell Week” portion of their training at the Naval Special Warfare Center in Coronado, California.

Dreschler was the Naval Special Warfare Center’s commanding officer at the time, while Geary led the center’s Basic Training Command and Ramey was the center’s head medical official.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2023/09/12/three-officers-facing-disciplinary-action-over-seal-trainees-death/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Three officers facing disciplinary action over SEAL trainee’s death
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 02:17:10 am »
 This is nothing less than some careerist Naval officer tossing blame downwind to his subordinates because he thinks if his name is attached to it he might not get another promotion,and may even have to retire.

He doesn't give a damn about the trainee or the officers under him. All he cares about is covering his own ass.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 02:21:41 am by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!