Author Topic: If it doesn’t make you more lethal, ditch it, says top Army officer  (Read 231 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
If it doesn’t make you more lethal, ditch it, says top Army officer
By Todd South
 Sep 12, 11:28 AM

The acting Army chief of staff and sergeant major shared four focus areas they expect to frame how the service meets a host of challenges during their tenure.

Gen. Randy George, acting chief, and Sergeant Major of the Army Michael Weimer laid out these areas on Tuesday to both an in-person and online audience at the epicenter of Army combat arms, the Maneuver Warfighter Conference at the Maneuver Center of Excellence at Fort Moore, Georgia.

The all-encompassing effort is aimed at a singular focus — warfighting. That will mean tough training but also reducing and even cutting some of the time-consuming, non-warfighting tasks.

“If there are things on your training schedule that are not making you more lethal or more cohesive where you’re taking care of your teammates, then you need to have a discussion about taking that off the schedule and not doing it,” George said.

The four areas cover a wide range but offer specific signals as to how, and where, the new chief plans to lead the Army over the next four years.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/09/12/if-it-doesnt-make-you-more-lethal-ditch-it-says-top-army-officer/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: If it doesn’t make you more lethal, ditch it, says top Army officer
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 05:45:50 pm »
The comment borders on un-woke and is probably the end of his career. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson