Author Topic: Who will be the president’s top military adviser after Gen. Milley retires?  (Read 312 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Who will be the president’s top military adviser after Gen. Milley retires?
Congress provides civilian oversight of the military.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED SEP 12, 2023 3:33 PM EDT

The U.S. military could be without a Senate-confirmed chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff when Army Gen. Mark Milley retires in little more than two weeks.

If the Senate has not confirmed Milley’s successor by Oct. 1, Navy Adm. Christopher Grady will temporarily serve as both chairman and vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, said Army Col. David Butler, a spokesman for Milley.

Grady has served as vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff since December 2021. He is also the current holder of the service’s “Old Salt” award, recognizing him as the longest serving surface warfare officer on active duty in the Navy.

Since February, Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.) has blocked the Senate from using a parliamentary procedure that lawmakers routinely use to approve military promotions en masse rather than hold individual votes on every general and flag officer up for promotion. Voting on each promotion individually could take months, the Associated Press has reported.

Tuberville’s hold is in protest of a Defense Department policy that covers the travel expenses of troops who need to travel out of care for reproductive care, including abortion.

Tuberville’s hold has prevented the Senate from voting to confirm Air Force Gen. Charles “CQ” Brown Jr. as the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Brown is currently serving as the Air Force’s chief of staff.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/us-military-tuberville-milley-replacement/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I would think John Kerry could be the ticket. :3:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Tuberville’s hold has prevented the Senate from voting to confirm Air Force Gen. Charles “CQ” Brown Jr. as the next chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. Brown is currently serving as the Air Force’s chief of staff.

Isn't Brown a black racist left-winger?

Just checked,and the above description defines him.

Doesn't the USAF have some E-4's or E-5's that are better qualified that they could nominate instead of that loon?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 11:09:00 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!