General Category > Technology

Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’

<< < (2/4) > >>

DefiantMassRINO:
Steve Jobs was an innovator who embraced risk.

Tim Cook is a CEO who avoids risk.

Fishrrman:
Catfish boasts:
"Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money."

Heh.
You're not as thrifty as you think you are.
What do you pay for your "pay as you go" plan?
Tell us, and then I'll tell you what I pay (and where to get it).

I, too, have a flip phone, which is ALWAYS (well, 99.9999%) turned off and put away.
No interest in iPhones or other smartphones

Now, Macs? That's a whole 'nother thing...!

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Fishrrman on September 13, 2023, 09:52:32 pm ---Catfish boasts:
"Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money."

Heh.
You're not as thrifty as you think you are.
What do you pay for your "pay as you go" plan?
Tell us, and then I'll tell you what I pay (and where to get it).

I, too, have a flip phone, which is ALWAYS (well, 99.9999%) turned off and put away.
No interest in iPhones or other smartphones

--- End quote ---

$100 a year, and that covers all the emergency or unexpected calls I need.  Honestly, it is seldom used.  That comes down to a little over $8/month.  AND....   If pay phones still existed, I wouldn't even have this one.  I only haul this relic around when traveling.  And again, only usedin an emergency.

Pssst....  And btw, all of my unused balance carries over to the next year when I renew.  Right now, my phone has $404 of unused service balance.

Want more proof of my obsession with frugality and wealth management.?  Check the second post of this thread.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,455284.0.html

berdie:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on September 13, 2023, 10:07:06 pm ---$100 a year, and that covers all the emergency or unexpected calls I need.  Honestly, it is seldom used.  That comes down to a little over $8/month.  AND....   If pay phones still existed, I wouldn't even have this one.  I only haul this relic around when traveling.  And again, only usedin an emergency.

Pssst....  And btw, all of my unused balance carries over to the next year when I renew.  Right now, my phone has $404 of unused service balance.

Want more proof of my obsession with frugality and wealth management.?  Check the second post of this thread.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,455284.0.html

--- End quote ---

My phone is used in the same way and has a similar plan. I unfortunately had a family crisis once and forgot to add minutes before they expired and...zap $500 down the drain. I called AT&T begging for mercy. Their response, That's so sad. 9999hair out0000

dfwgator:
It's a frickin' phone,   what do you want it to do?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version