General Category > Technology

Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’

(1/4) > >>

Kamaji:
Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’

By Brooke Kato
Published Sep. 13, 2023

Guess their favorite tech brand isn’t the apple of their eye — or, i — anymore.

Smartphone fans have been griping about Apple’s new devices since the arguably anti-climactic announcement of the forthcoming iPhone 15 on Tuesday.

On X (formerly Twitter), users have gone so far as to claim “innovation died with Steve Jobs,” the co-founder and former Apple CEO who died in 2011 from cancer at the age of 56.

The new iPhones, slated to drop on Sept. 22, feature never-before-seen color-infused glass — an “industry first” — and new charging ports.

While the display size is comparable to the 14, the 15’s titanium design makes it their “lightest weight Pro models yet,” Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote on X.

But the improved dual camera system, overall enhanced performance and expanded safety features aren’t enough to amateur online critics who claim the iPhone 15 models lack enough innovation to differentiate them from the previous generation.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/apple-users-bash-new-iphone-15-innovation-died-with-steve-jobs/

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on September 13, 2023, 03:39:38 pm ---Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’

By Brooke Kato
Published Sep. 13, 2023

Guess their favorite tech brand isn’t the apple of their eye — or, i — anymore.

Smartphone fans have been griping about Apple’s new devices since the arguably anti-climactic announcement of the forthcoming iPhone 15 on Tuesday.

On X (formerly Twitter), users have gone so far as to claim “innovation died with Steve Jobs,” the co-founder and former Apple CEO who died in 2011 from cancer at the age of 56.

The new iPhones, slated to drop on Sept. 22, feature never-before-seen color-infused glass — an “industry first” — and new charging ports.

While the display size is comparable to the 14, the 15’s titanium design makes it their “lightest weight Pro models yet,” Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote on X.

But the improved dual camera system, overall enhanced performance and expanded safety features aren’t enough to amateur online critics who claim the iPhone 15 models lack enough innovation to differentiate them from the previous generation.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/apple-users-bash-new-iphone-15-innovation-died-with-steve-jobs/

--- End quote ---

Maybe a little over-dramaticized, but there are some certain truths to this assertion.  Charles Payne's broadcast yesterday has some good discussion on how AAPL has gradually morphed from a company more focused on  execution than innovation.  But the investor side of me, thinks that even though planned obsolescence Apple may be pissing off consumers,  it is a good business model to perpetuate sales.   Well.....  until and unless some competitor starts approaching Apple in technological prowess.  Don't forget this is a company with over $60B in cash reserves and $2.75T in market cap.  No one is knocking them off the perch anytime soon.

Weird Tolkienish Figure:
I just cannot get excited over a new iphone anymore.  :shrug:

catfish1957:

--- Quote from: Weird Tolkienish Figure on September 13, 2023, 04:01:53 pm ---I just cannot get excited over a new iphone anymore.  :shrug:

--- End quote ---

Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money.

Weird Tolkienish Figure:

--- Quote from: catfish1957 on September 13, 2023, 04:06:50 pm ---Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money.

--- End quote ---

I've been tempted to go back but I'd miss the data features, maps etc.

My work pays for my cell but if I paid my own way I'd go with a prepaid plan, they're pretty cheap now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version