Author Topic: New Hampshire shuts down gambit to block Trump from primary ballot, snubs DNC election calendar  (Read 240 times)

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I'm not particularly a fan of Trump, but I am glad to see this.

New Hampshire shuts down gambit to block Trump from primary ballot, snubs DNC election calendar

CONCORD, N.H. – The top election official in New Hampshire says he won't invoke the 14th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution in order to block former President Donald Trump from the ballot in the state that holds the first primary in the Republican nominating calendar.

New Hampshire Secretary of State Dave Scanlan, at a news conference Wednesday at the state house in Concord, also announced that the filing period for the 2024 presidential primary will start on Oct. 11 —  meaning it's nearly all but certain the date of the contest will lead to a collision with the Democratic National Committee.

At the news conference, called in part to address legal efforts by some Republicans in New Hampshire to prevent the former president from getting his name on the 2024 ballot, Scanlan said that as long as Trump "submits his declaration of candidacy and signs it under the penalties of perjury, pays the $1,000 filing fee, his name will appear on the presidential primary ballot."..............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-hampshire-shuts-down-gambit-block-trump-primary-ballot-snubs-dnc-election-calendar
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Trump has not been criminally convicted of anything.  He is presumed to be an innocent man.  There is no reasonable legal reason to keep his name off the ballot.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright