Author Topic: ‘Silent Swarm’: US Navy seeking electromagnetic spectrum tech crossed with unmanned  (Read 246 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Silent Swarm’: US Navy seeking electromagnetic spectrum tech crossed with unmanned

The Navy wants to play with early-stage tech with capabilities relating to distributed electromagnetic attack, deception and digital payload delivery.
By   JUSTIN KATZ
on September 11, 2023 at 2:51 PM
Silent Swarm

LONDON — A US Navy surface warfare center is seeking industry and government agencies to participate in a July 2024 exercise focused on demonstrating early-stage unmanned systems’ capabilities to fight on the electromagnetic battlefield.

The event, dubbed Silent Swarm 2024, will be hosted by Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane, Ind., and will feature “swarming, small, attritable” unmanned systems capable of distributed electromagnetic attack, deception and digital payload delivery. The tech must be within readiness levels (TRL) two to five. (The Pentagon uses the TRL scale, from one to nine, to measure how conceptual or proven a technology is; the higher the number the more advanced a system is thought to be.)

“Silent Swarm experimentation culminates with a series of vignettes, which allow for individual technology initiatives to collaboratively operate in teams to demonstrate operationally relevant objectives in a multi-domain environment, to include land, air, sea, undersea, cyber, and space,” according to the public notice the service published on Sept. 8. Responses are due by Oct. 16.

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/09/silent-swarm-us-navy-seeking-electromagnetic-spectrum-tech-crossed-with-unmanned/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson