Author Topic: Dems inch toward House majority with recent court wins  (Read 292 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dems inch toward House majority with recent court wins
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:06:46 pm »
 Dems inch toward House majority with recent court wins

Court rulings on redistricting are raising Democratic hopes.

By Zach Montellaro and Ally Mutnick

09/11/2023 05:00 AM EDT

The fundamentals of the 2024 campaign are still taking shape, but one thing is already clear: A flurry of court actions might cost Republicans the House majority.

In the past nine days, state and federal judges threw out two congressional maps — and helped Democrats avoid a worst-case scenario in Ohio — kicking off an unusually busy redistricting calendar heading into the election year.

All told, a dozen or more seats across at least six states could be redrawn, increasing the likelihood Democrats could chip away the five-seat GOP House majority through redistricting alone.

Democrats could pick up an extra seat in each of a handful of states, including Florida, Alabama and Louisiana, and perhaps several more in New York. Republicans could still pick up as many as four seats in North Carolina, but the recent rulings put Democrats in a position to offset those losses — and then some.

more
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/09/11/redistricting-could-help-democrats-win-back-the-house-00114780
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Dems inch toward House majority with recent court wins
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 03:00:15 pm »
Looks like the Republican Party might have to come up with ideas voters actually like.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 03:15:10 pm »
SCOTUS needs to come in and limit the litigating. Are we going to keep doing this clear up to the next census?
The Republic is lost.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 04:08:27 pm »
Looks like the Republican Party might have to come up with ideas voters actually like.

Ideas? How about candidates. IME most people don't vote for ideas.