Author Topic: Trump tells GOP to 'call out the 25th Amendment' after Biden Iran deal  (Read 310 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump tells GOP to 'call out the 25th Amendment' after Biden Iran deal
Julia Johnson

September 12, 2023 09:15 AM

Former President Donald Trump called on Republicans Tuesday morning to use the 25th Amendment, which involves presidential succession in the case the president cannot carry out the powers and duties of the office, claiming a new prisoner swap deal with Iran shows that President Joe Biden is "incompetent."

On Monday, the 22nd anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Biden administration revealed to Congress it had moved forward with a controversial deal with Iran for the release of five detained Americans in exchange for the unfreezing of $6 billion.

The move was quickly criticized by many on the Right. Trump chimed in on Tuesday morning, writing on Truth Social: "So, lets get this straight! We did a hostage TRADE with Iran. We gave them 5 very tough, smart people that they desperately wanted. We likewise got back 5 people BUT, we also gave them 6 BILLION DOLLARS!"

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/trump-25th-amendment-biden-iran-deal
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Trump tells GOP to 'call out the 25th Amendment' after Biden Iran deal
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 02:02:42 pm »
Apparently, Trump is as ignorant of the 25th Amendment as he is of the rest of the Constitution.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2023, 02:23:48 pm »
While yes I agree with the goal, I don't think that phrase means what he thinks it means.
The Republic is lost.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2023, 02:35:35 pm »
 ////00000////

Oh, great.  In addition to every President being impeached, we'll now have to endure attempts to 25th every President, too.

If people are dumb enough to travel to Russia, Belarus, North Korea, Iran, etc., they deserve to stay there.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 05:00:41 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2023, 02:36:27 pm »
Apparently, Trump is as ignorant of the 25th Amendment as he is of the rest of the Constitution.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2023, 02:38:08 pm »
The punk POTUS Obummer spent magnitudes more in a air flight cash airlift to Goat F'ers. ,  and neither Congress or the American voters held him accountible.

Neither DJT or feckless GOP will do a damned thing about it.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.