Author Topic: With Biden MIA, Ron DeSantis Marks 9/11 Anniversary With Families at Ground Zero  (Read 300 times)

Online Kamaji

With Biden MIA, Ron DeSantis Marks 9/11 Anniversary With Families at Ground Zero

Spencer Brown
September 11, 2023

On Monday, the 22nd anniversary of the terrorist attacks which stole 2,977 innocent lives on U.S. soil, President Joe Biden will become the first U.S. president since the attacks to skip out on official remembrance ceremonies held at the White House, Ground Zero in Manhattan, the Pentagon, or the field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania, where Flight 93 met its tragically heroic end after passenger launched the first counterattack against those responsible for the horror of 9/11.

It's a disgrace for Biden to be skipping out on official events with family members, friends, colleagues, and other loved ones of those who were killed 22 years ago. If not for a necessary refueling stop in Alaska for Air Force One on Monday afternoon Eastern Time, Biden wouldn't have been on U.S. soil until late Monday night when he arrives back in Washington and wouldn't have made any public remarks on the 22nd anniversary of 9/11. Instead of participating in the official ceremonies, Biden — as with other things he clearly has no interest in — tapped Vice President Kamala Harris to attend the ceremony at Ground Zero in his stead.

As a notable contrast to Biden's latest abdication of his role as president and supposed leader of the American people on one of our country's darkest days, Republican presidential candidate and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis is spending Monday morning at the World Trade Center in Manhattan to mourn the lost and observe the somber occasion.

Invited by seven families of those killed in the attacks, Gov. DeSantis and First Lady Casey DeSantis joined the official remembrance ceremony at the World Trade Center as the names of those who were killed were read and moments of silence are observed to mark the times iconic symbols of American power were struck by terrorist-hijacked planes.

The day and venue holds particular significance for DeSantis as well. The only 2024 candidate to serve in the Armed Forces, DeSantis has frequently mentioned how the events of 9/11 changed his thinking on serving in the military and proved to be a pivotal moment for his future.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/09/11/with-biden-mia-heres-how-gop-presidential-hopefuls-are-marking-the-day-n2628231

Offline LMAO

It’s likely that Biden has no clue anymore the significance of the date
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy