Author Topic: Biden Sneaks a Fast One Into Government Funding Bill, Tries to Gut ICE While Republicans Stay Silent  (Read 339 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden Sneaks a Fast One Into Government Funding Bill, Tries to Gut ICE While Republicans Stay Silent
Steve Straub By Steve Straub
Published September 11, 2023 at 7:08am

President Biden has recently expressed the desire for straightforward legislation to prevent a government shutdown.

However, critics allege that hidden within the details of his funding request is an extreme proposal targeting immigration law enforcement, specifically, the defunding of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE).

Last week, President Biden urged Congress to pass a short-term spending bill before the current funding expires on September 30. Biden, along with Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Hakeem Jefferies, maintains that this funding proposal is a “clean” one, meaning it simply continues current funding without major new stipulations.

Yet, a close examination of the proposal, specifically page 51, reveals a provision that would permit the redirection of all ICE funding towards community-based residential facilities and the provision of services for refugees, asylum seekers, or other migrants.

This would potentially be done through contracts or grants awarded to non-governmental organizations. Critics argue that this would morph ICE from a law enforcement agency into an entity facilitating travel and support for illegal immigrants.

more
https://thefederalistpapers.org/opinion/biden-sneaks-fast-one-government-funding-bill-tries-gut-ice-republicans-stay-silent
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Why not just defund the BP.  They are already hobbled by that traitor.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Wingnut tosses the wrench with:
"Why not just defund the BP"

Give them time, Comrade.

The Party's ultimate goal is to simply eliminate the "border" that exists between the USA and Mexico.

Give them time...

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Wingnut tosses the wrench with:
"Why not just defund the BP"

Give them time, Comrade.

The Party's ultimate goal is to simply eliminate the "border" that exists between the USA and Mexico.

Give them time...

They still want the NAU  (North American Union) - uniting Mexico, the US and Canada. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.