Author Topic: Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #567  (Read 156 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #567
« on: September 11, 2023, 12:50:07 pm »
Weekly Climate and Energy News Roundup #567
4 hours ago Guest Blogger 4 Comments
The Week That Was: 2023-09-09 (September 9, 2023)
Brought to You by SEPP (www.SEPP.org)
The Science and Environmental Policy Project
Quote of the Week: “What is necessary for the very existence of science and what the characteristics of nature are, are not to be determined by pompous preconditions, they are determined always by the material with which we work, by nature herself.” ― Richard P. Feynman [H/t Art Horn]

Number of the Week:26 per 100,000 per year v 0.64 per 100,000 per year

THIS WEEK:

By Ken Haapala, President, Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP)

Scope: Among the topics discussed below, is the interview of Atomic, Molecular, and Optical (AMO) physicist William Happer by Anthony Watts of the Heartland Institute. The focus of the interview is the flourishing of plant life on Earth with additional carbon dioxide (CO2) emitted by humanity and natural sources. Early on, a strong emphasis was placed on the important concept of diminishing returns that applies to the effectiveness of CO2 as a greenhouse gas in warming the planet.

Last week, TWTW presented three papers written by Willie Soon and other physicists, some of whom form The Center for Environmental Research and Earth Sciences (CERES) team. The papers were attacked by the blog Real Climate.org, which includes Gavin Schmidt, the head of NASA-GISS who actively promotes the reports of the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). The rebuttal by CERES is discussed below.

Proper use of the scientific method is a major focus of SEPP and its bulletin, TWTW. Physicist Gordon Fulks has a solid essay explaining this important concept, which is discussed below.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/09/11/weekly-climate-and-energy-news-roundup-567/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson