Author Topic: Attack ad uses AI-generated voices of Nikki Haley and Tim Scott to claim they’re ‘too woke’  (Read 334 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Attack ad uses AI-generated voices of Nikki Haley and Tim Scott to claim they’re ‘too woke’
By Carl Campanile   
Published Sep. 10, 2023, 3:26 p.m. ET

An AI-generated radio ad recreates the voices of Republican presidential candidates Nikki Haley and Tim Scott — to pummel them as too liberal and “woke” to win the GOP nomination.

The narrator of the 60-second  spot — bankrolled by the Courageous Conservatives Super PAC and running in red-leaning markets in Iowa and South Carolina — opens with, “It’s time to play `Who’s more woke, with Nikki Haley and Tim Scott.”

The narrator asks the “candidates” to answer a series of questions to determine “who’s more woke” and also requests that listeners vote in an X, formerly known as Twitter, poll.

“Who supported defunding local police?” the narrator says.

The “Celebrity Voices AI”-generated voice of Scott replies, “That’s me, Tim Scott.

“My Justice Act defunded the police,” the Scott character says.

The narrator asks, “Who demolished the Confederate Memorial” in Columbia, SC, the state capital.

“Me! Nikki Haley,” responds the former South Carolina governor’s AI-voice.

Courageous Conservatives founder Chris Ekstrom told The Post, “We wanted to be creative.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/09/10/attack-ad-uses-ai-generated-voices-of-nikki-haley-and-tim-scott-to-claim-theyre-too-woke/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Courageous Conservatives founder Chris Ekstrom told The Post, “We wanted to be creative.

There is the "Free Speech" argument.  However, I can see a legal case to sue the living shit out of him from Scott and Haley.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Back in the campaign days one of the big no-no's was putting words in someone's mouth, or impersonating them. Or even making up fictitious people and passing them off as real  to say stuff.

Can't see how this would be legal.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

That was pretty stupid.