Author Topic: Sununu: Trump Has to Be ‘Held Accountable’ for Making Fauci the Voice of America on COVID  (Read 393 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sununu: Trump Has to Be ‘Held Accountable’ for Making Fauci the Voice of America on COVID

Pam Key10 Sep 2023

Governor Chris Sununu (R-NH) said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that former President Donald Trump had to answer for making then-White House chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci the voice of COVID-19.

On endorsing a Republican primary candidate, Sununu said, “Well, I wouldn’t say there’s a shortlist I’m out there with all the candidates. I’m seeing kind of how they do the retail politics. I’m a big believer — good retail politics translate into good retail management. And that’s what the White House needs, someone that understands what’s happening in in folks’ everyday lives as opposed to just watching the media all the time.”

When asked about Chris Christie, Sununu said, “Chris is doing a great job. God bless Chris, man. He goes nuclear on the president and he’s got his own style. His poll numbers are surging through the roof especially here in New Hampshire where he’s putting time on the ground. He connects with folks. Again, he’s a governor, right?”

He added, “I tend to be pretty partial to governors because what the White House needs more than ever is true executive leadership. Someone who kind of says the buck stops here. The biggest problem that a lot of us Republican governors, going back to your first question has, with the former president was Fauci, right? Every day we were on those calls and every day Fauci was there, and a lot of us kept saying, Mr. President, when are you getting rid of Fauci? He never did. He kept putting him out there as the voice of America on this stuff and he’s got to be held accountable to that frankly. A lot of folks in the base aren’t forgetting those types of things.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/10/sununu-trump-has-to-be-held-accountable-for-making-fauci-the-voice-of-america-on-covid/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
What a buttwipe. Fauci had been at NIAID since Reagan was president. Who would have been made the "Voice of America" during an apparent infectious disease outbreak, if not the head of NIAID? (Who knew Fauci was such a piker?)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

What a buttwipe. Fauci had been at NIAID since Reagan was president. Who would have been made the "Voice of America" during an apparent infectious disease outbreak, if not the head of NIAID? (Who knew Fauci was such a piker?)

Trump appointed Fauci as his mouthpiece for his administration during the pandemic. He could have assigned someone else at any time. It was also up to Trump to limit the executive branch's intrenched bureaucracy to within constitutional boundaries - at a minimum. There were massive consequences to the country for following his administration's guidelines/requirements. Trump doesn't get a pass for that. We elect people to lead and make the tough choices, not pass on those obligations to the bureaucracy that has its own interests.

Offline Kamaji

Trump appointed Fauci as his mouthpiece for his administration during the pandemic. He could have assigned someone else at any time. It was also up to Trump to limit the executive branch's intrenched bureaucracy to within constitutional boundaries - at a minimum. There were massive consequences to the country for following his administration's guidelines/requirements. Trump doesn't get a pass for that. We elect people to lead and make the tough choices, not pass on those obligations to the bureaucracy that has its own interests.

:thumbsup:

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, looking back at that, it seems so simple.

20-20 hindsight.

Fauci had served since Reagan, and it would be natural to assume he had the country's best interests at heart. Considering the media and their pals in those agencies were suppressing or flat-out censoring information to the contrary, and the bubble of advisors were not disputing what was getting through, I don't blame Trump for his decision to have the person he thought most qualified, considering the information he was getting.

Where the blame for Fauci belongs is squarely on Fauci. His perfidy, for profit, politics, or his own sense of power, is inexcusable. His claims that somehow he had a lock on what was needed (costing billions of taxpayer dollars, and perhaps to his personal profit) were lies, and well supported by the Media, mainstream and social, especially because those media outlets were censoring any and all information to the contrary.

Maybe the POTUS should have tuned in here. We had better information than what was coming out of those media outlets and platforms.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline DB

Yeah, looking back at that, it seems so simple.

20-20 hindsight.

Fauci had served since Reagan, and it would be natural to assume he had the country's best interests at heart. Considering the media and their pals in those agencies were suppressing or flat-out censoring information to the contrary, and the bubble of advisors were not disputing what was getting through, I don't blame Trump for his decision to have the person he thought most qualified, considering the information he was getting.

Where the blame for Fauci belongs is squarely on Fauci. His perfidy, for profit, politics, or his own sense of power, is inexcusable. His claims that somehow he had a lock on what was needed (costing billions of taxpayer dollars, and perhaps to his personal profit) were lies, and well supported by the Media, mainstream and social, especially because those media outlets were censoring any and all information to the contrary.

Maybe the POTUS should have tuned in here. We had better information than what was coming out of those media outlets and platforms.

Many of us knew better. And he had access to anyone he wanted to get information from, he just needed the curiosity to look. And when you are in charge of making such decisions it is your job to explore all the possibilities when the consequences are so profound.