State Chapters > Arizona

Phoenix sets another heat record by hitting 110 degrees on 54 days this year

(1/3) > >>

Kamaji:
Phoenix sets another heat record by hitting 110 degrees on 54 days this year

By Associated Press
Published Sep. 10, 2023

How hot is it in Phoenix?

In what has been the hottest summer ever measured, the sizzling city in the Sonoran Desert broke yet another record Saturday when temperatures topped 110 degrees.

It was the 54th day this year that the official reading at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport made the mark, eclipsing the previous record of 53 days set in 2020.

Matt Salerno, a National Weather Service meteorologist, said the hot streak could reach 55 days.

“We do have one more day,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/10/phoenix-has-set-another-heat-record-by-hitting-110-degrees-on-54-days-this-year/

Jack Russell:

--- Quote from: Kamaji on September 10, 2023, 02:13:34 pm ---Phoenix sets another heat record by hitting 110 degrees on 54 days this year

By Associated Press
Published Sep. 10, 2023

How hot is it in Phoenix?

In what has been the hottest summer ever measured, the sizzling city in the Sonoran Desert broke yet another record Saturday when temperatures topped 110 degrees.

It was the 54th day this year that the official reading at Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport made the mark, eclipsing the previous record of 53 days set in 2020.

Matt Salerno, a National Weather Service meteorologist, said the hot streak could reach 55 days.

“We do have one more day,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/10/phoenix-has-set-another-heat-record-by-hitting-110-degrees-on-54-days-this-year/

--- End quote ---
In West Texas we've had 60+ days of over 100 degrees, which is not a record, BUT our high temps have been higher than I ever recall.  It's been a brutal summer.  If the wind were to blow and someone strike a match, half of our countryside would go up in flames.

Smokin Joe:
It has been warm, here, with plenty of days in the 90s and even broke 100 (in North Dakota).

But... I have never had a tomato crop like this before, and we've had lots of rain.

If I was going to gripe about something, it'd be the weeks of red-sun-at-noon smoke you can smell from burning off Canada and parts of Montana. I quit smoking for that?

Jack Russell:

--- Quote from: Smokin Joe on September 10, 2023, 02:37:17 pm ---It has been warm, here, with plenty of days in the 90s and even broke 100 (in North Dakota).

But... I have never had a tomato crop like this before, and we've had lots of rain.

If I was going to gripe about something, it'd be the weeks of red-sun-at-noon smoke you can smell from burning off Canada and parts of Montana. I quit smoking for that?

--- End quote ---
@Smokin Joe congratulations for quitting smoking!  My dad said it was the hardest thing he ever did.

Maybe you need to change your nickname to Non-Smokin Joe?  happy77

DB:
I don't know... It's been hot... It's always hot here in the summer... Hasn't seemed much different compared to previous years...

Monsoon season was quieter than usual but it is highly variable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version