Author Topic: NYC Announces Budget Cuts After Mayor Says Migrant Crisis ‘Will Destroy’ Big Apple  (Read 189 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC Announces Budget Cuts After Mayor Says Migrant Crisis ‘Will Destroy’ Big Apple
New York Governor Kathy Hochul And NYC Mayor Eric Adams Make Announcement On Gun Violence

September 09, 2023
3:09 PM ET

New York City Mayor Eric Adams announced a 5% budget cut across all programs and services amid the city’s surging migrant crisis, according to a Saturday press release from Adams’ office.

In an effort to preserve the city’s financial strength, New York City will move migrants out of shelter systems into more “cost-effective” shelters and cut every agency’s budget down by 5%, according to the press release. The decision comes amid recent comments from Adams that the migrant crisis “will destroy New York City.” (RELATED: Mayor Blasts Fellow Democrat Governor As Migrant Crisis Boils Over Onto Streets)

“Since the beginning of the asylum seeker crisis, New York City has taken urgent action. … Mayor Adams has been clear, however, that these costs may affect every city service. As such, earlier today, he directed every agency to implement a 5 percent reduction in city-funded spending,” the press release reads. “The administration will seek to minimize disruption to programs and services, and there will not be layoffs.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/09/nyc-announces-budget-cuts-mayor-migrant-crisis-destroy-big-apple/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson