Author Topic: Here’s Why Experts Think Chuck Schumer Isn’t Overriding Tommy Tuberville’s Hold On Military Promotio  (Read 213 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Here’s Why Experts Think Chuck Schumer Isn’t Overriding Tommy Tuberville’s Hold On Military Promotions

ARJUN SINGH
CONTRIBUTOR
September 10, 2023
2:58 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is trying to “score political points” on abortion amid an impasse over military nominations due to a hold by Sen. Tommy Tuberville of Alabama, experts told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Tuberville’s hold does not prevent nominees from being confirmed by “regular order,” through individual votes on the Senate floor, though Schumer has refused to schedule them.

“I don’t think the Democrats are particularly concerned about the hold or its effect on military readiness (which is a bit of propaganda). If they were, they would work around or directly through the hold,” said Mike McKenna, a former deputy assistant to President Donald Trump for legislative affairs, to the DCNF,

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/10/chuck-schumer-overriding-gop-hold-military-promotions/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson