Author Topic: New Mexico Governor Effectively Suspends 2nd Amendment Under “Emergency” Decree  (Read 3398 times)

Offline dfwgator

The DNC instructed her to do this.  This is part of an organized national campaign.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The DNC instructed her to do this.  This is part of an organized national campaign.

I do not doubt that at all!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Polly Ticks

Gun owners - many visibly armed - rallied in old Town Albuquerque today to openly defy the New Mexico Governor's Executive Order banning the open and concealed carry of firearms there as a one-month "emergency."

Police did not intervene or enforce the order.  :laugh:

https://twitter.com/FordFischer/status/1700996328799773109

Gee, with all those evil guns around and about, there must have been a ton of mass shootings, right?
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
dfw wrote:
"The DNC instructed her to do this."

See post 8 to this thread above.
Who called it first?

Offline berdie

Whoever instructed her does not surprise me ...what surprises me is that members of her own party were smart enough to say no.

Offline PeteS in CA

Federal judge blocks suspension of right to carry firearms in public ordered by New Mexico governor

https://www.wrdw.com/2023/09/13/federal-judge-blocks-suspension-right-carry-firearms-public-ordered-by-new-mexico-governor/

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (AP) — A federal judge has blocked part of a public health order that suspended the right to carry guns in public across New Mexico’s largest metro area.

The ruling Wednesday by U.S. District Judge David Urias marks a setback for Democratic New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham as she responds to several recent shootings that took the lives of children, including an 11-year-old boy as he left a minor league baseball game in Albuquerque.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Rachel Acenas
@RachelAcenas
BREAKING 🚨 A federal judge blocks an emergency public health order signed by New Mexico Gov. Michelle Grisham, which temporarily suspended the right to carry firearms in public in Albuquerque & Bernalillo Counties for at least 30 days in response to recent gun violence.

The judge granted a temporary restraining order which blocks enforcement of the order until Oct. 3.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Mexico Democrat governor's sweeping gun order hits major temporary roadblock
The federal judge said Lujan Grisham's executive order is a 'violation of a constitutional right'
Adam Sabes By Adam Sabes , Lee Ross Fox News
Published September 13, 2023 5:33pm EDT

A federal judge in Albuquerque, New Mexico, has issued a temporary restraining order blocking key parts of Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham’s executive order suspending open and concealed carry across Albuquerque and the surrounding Bernalillo County for at least 30 days.

U.S. District Court Judge David Urias issued the order on Wednesday, blocking the portion of the order that prohibits lawful gun owners from carrying their guns in public for 30 days, ruling that it's not enforceable.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/new-mexico-democrat-governors-sweeping-gun-order-hits-major-temporary-roadblock
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It would be interesting to know who truly originated this idea. Don't think it was a smart play, they may have opened up a can of something they can't control.
The Republic is lost.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Now, I'm going to open carry even HARDER than I ever have before!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Kamaji

It would be interesting to know who truly originated this idea. Don't think it was a smart play, they may have opened up a can of something they can't control.

Good question.  This was almost certainly a trial balloon which, if it had gone better, would eventually have been expanded across the country.

Offline roamer_1

Good question.  This was almost certainly a trial balloon which, if it had gone better, would eventually have been expanded across the country.

Maybe... but in the West, a very predictable end... even in fairly liberal New Mexico... I mean, this end could not be more predictable...

And the result, a governor at best with every tooth removed, at worst displaced and replaced with a Republican. There's no percentage here unless the governor was a big enough liability to warrant a burn notice somehow. All this has is downside.

Looks more like a whacko-lib governor with a god complex and a wild hair.

Offline Kamaji

Maybe... but in the West, a very predictable end... even in fairly liberal New Mexico... I mean, this end could not be more predictable...

And the result, a governor at best with every tooth removed, at worst displaced and replaced with a Republican. There's no percentage here unless the governor was a big enough liability to warrant a burn notice somehow. All this has is downside.

Looks more like a whacko-lib governor with a god complex and a wild hair.

Yes, but (a) New Mexico is a rather small state, all things considered, and (b) the governor was not a big national player, so it made sense to see if it could be done out there.  If it had worked in NM, it would have been rolled out state by state.  As it is, they suffered a setback, but it was in a small state, and so they will be back later on to try it again.

Offline roamer_1

Yes, but (a) New Mexico is a rather small state, all things considered, and (b) the governor was not a big national player, so it made sense to see if it could be done out there.  If it had worked in NM, it would have been rolled out state by state.  As it is, they suffered a setback, but it was in a small state, and so they will be back later on to try it again.

outside of Colorado, ANY Western state will have the very same reaction... In fact fairly liberal New Mexico's reaction was rather mild. Try that sh*t up in here... FAFO.

And I think the same applies in the Midwest, the South, and the Desert SW. Never gonna happen wherever there is hunting, farming, and ranching. Shoot, dude, I normally carry all the time, and there's a pistol and rifle living in my truck, just for giggles. And that's about everybody outside of townies.