Author Topic: New Mexico Governor Effectively Suspends 2nd Amendment Under “Emergency” Decree  (Read 3401 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Instant impeachment calls as governor unilaterally kills 2nd Amendment

WND By Cristina Laila The Gateway Pundit

'Abhorrent attempt at imposing a radical, progressive agenda on an unwilling populace'

New Mexico state lawmakers immediately sprung into action and called for the impeachment of Democrat Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham after she unilaterally suspended Second Amendment rights in Albuquerque.

Democrat Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham on Friday declared gun violence a public health emergency in response to the shooting deaths of a thirteen-year-old girl on July 28, a five-year-old girl on August 14, and an eleven-year-old boy on September 6.

“The action plan includes a suspension of open and concealed carry laws in Bernalillo County, temporarily prohibiting the carrying of guns on public property with certain exceptions. Exceptions include for licensed security guards and law enforcement officers. Citizens with permits to carry firearms are free to possess their weapons on private property (such as at a gun range or gun store), provided they transport the firearm in a locked box, use a trigger lock, or some other mechanism that renders the gun incapable of being fired,” according to the press release.

The public health order also directs:

•   The Regulation and Licensing Division to conduct monthly inspections of licensed firearm dealers to ensure compliance with all sales and storage laws.

•   The Department of Health, along with the Environment Department, to begin wastewater testing for illegal substances such as fentanyl at schools.

•   The Department of Health to compile and issue a comprehensive report on gunshot victims presenting at hospitals in New Mexico, which shall include (if available): demographic data of gunshot victims, including age, gender, race, and ethnicity; data on gunshot victim’s healthcare outcomes; the brand and caliber of the firearm used; the general circumstances leading to the injury; the impact of gunshot victims on New Mexico’s healthcare system; and any other pertinent information.

•   A prohibition on firearms on state property, including state buildings and schools. This also includes other places of education where children gather, such as parks.

•   The State Police to add officers in Albuquerque with funding for overtime provided.

•   The Children, Youth and Families Department to immediately suspend the Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative and evaluate juvenile probation protocols.

On Saturday, State Reps. Stefani Lord and John Block called for the impeachment of Governor Grisham.

“This emergency order violates the Governor’s oath to protect and defend the rights of New Mexicans and is illegal in nature. The legislature has a duty to intervene when the government is overstepping its boundaries, and Governor Grisham’s order and comments disqualify her from continuing her tenure as Governor,” the Reps wrote in a press release.

“I’m calling on counsel to begin the impeachment process against Governor Grisham,” Rep. Lord said. “This is an abhorrent attempt at imposing a radical, progressive agenda on an unwilling populace. Rather than addressing crime at its core, Governor Grisham is restricting the rights of law-abiding gun owners.”

More: https://www.wnd.com/2023/09/instant-impeachment-calls-governor-unilaterally-kills-2nd-amendment/

Online roamer_1

Impeachment... Yeah, that won't take long...

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Thomas Massie
@RepThomasMassie
She’s nuts, but she’s taking what the tyrants did during COVID (forced jabs, travel bans, closed businesses, suppressed speech - with no laws passed) to the next level.

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson
The Governor of New Mexico has just declared the 1st & 2nd Amendment “does not exist” due to an “emergency.”
Under this legal theory *all* of our “rights” are essentially eliminated.
Watch the most evil & tyrannical 60 seconds you’ve ever heard from a politician:

https://twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1700334945992847588
Stupid >bleep< just declared open season on every non criminal there, because if they comply, they won't be able to defend themselves.

I bet she still has HER Security forces (armed, of course).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

She just canceled herself.

No one complied so now what?

Online roamer_1

The beauty of nullification. Needs to happen more.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The beauty of nullification. Needs to happen more.
:yowsa:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Exactly. What is she going to do now? Call out the Nat'l Guard, declare martial law, point guns, planes, tanks and mortars at everybody, because there's crime in a few areas?

She thought she could cow people with flimsy reasoning. She didn't think it through and doesn't appear to have an endgame.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Exactly. What is she going to do now? Call out the Nat'l Guard, declare martial law, point guns, planes, tanks and mortars at everybody, because there's crime in a few areas?

She thought she could cow people with flimsy reasoning. She didn't think it through and doesn't appear to have an endgame.

Maybe Joe will send in fighter jets.  After all he said we don't have a chance against them things.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline PeteS in CA

Four Lawsuits Filed Challenging New Mexico 2A Emergency Order

https://legalinsurrection.com/2023/09/four-lawsuits-filed-challenging-new-mexico-2a-emergency-order/

The pushback was immediate from people you would expect to push back, you know, law-abiding citizens who didn’t appreciate being summarily stripped of their right to keep and bear arms as protected by the Second Amendment and numerous Supreme Court decisions.
But it also came from some unexpected sources, like California Democrat Ted Lieu – YES, THAT TED LIEU. And Davig Hogg – YES, THAT DAVID HOGG.
More significantly, over the weekend, at least four lawsuits, two of which seek immediate injunctive relief, have been filed. (The Pacer docket shows four as of this writing, but it’s possible more have been filed and are not yet publicly available.)

National Association For Gun Rights (Complaint, Motion)

We The Patriots (Complaint, Motion)

Randy Donk, Gun Owners of America (Complaint)

Shawn Blas (Class Action Complaint).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Mexico Citizens Rise Up after Democrat Governor Violates 2nd Amendment: ‘We Will Not Comply!’
Frank BergmanSeptember 11, 2023 - 11:10 am2 Comments

The people of New Mexico have been flooding the streets in protest after the state’s Democrat governor violated their Second Amendment rights with an unconstitutional gun ban.

Patriots gathered in Old Town Albuquerque to protest against the suspension of open and concealed carry laws by Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham.

As Slay News reported, Lujan Grisham signed an executive order last week to strip the people of Albuquerque of their God-given rights under the U.S. Constitution.

The governor issued an emergency “public health” order on Friday to suspend the open and concealed carry of firearms in the state’s largest city of Albuquerque and Bernalillo County for 30 days.

https://slaynews.com/news/new-mexico-citizens-rise-up-democrat-governor-violates-2nd-amendment-we-will-not-comply/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Two lawmakers call for impeachment of Governor Lujan Grisham after public health order

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/two-lawmakers-call-for-impeachment-of-governor-lujan-grisham-after-public-health-order/ar-AA1guBGe

NEW MEXICO (KRQE) – After the announcement Friday of the governor’s controversial public health order, it’s drawn major criticism from across the country. Two New Mexico lawmakers have now called for the impeachment of Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.

The “public health order” was issued at the Roundhouse. State representatives Stefani Lord (R – Sandia Park) and John Block (R – Alamogordo) are now calling for her impeachment, claiming the order is an infringement on New Mexicans’ Second Amendment right.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Online mountaineer

Some New Mexico legislators respond:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Bernalillo County sheriff rejects gun violence health order
"It's irritating for me to see how this 30-day ban completely overshadowed the robust conversations we had with the governor on what we are going to do to curb gun violence and for people to stop being victims," BCSO Sheriff John Allen said
KOAT
 Updated: 10:24 PM MDT Sep 11, 2023
Nick Catlin and Faith Egbuonu
BERNALILLO COUNTY, N.M. — Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen said his office would not enforce the latest public health order to combat gun violence in a press conference on Monday, Sept. 11.

The announcement was in response to Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham's public health order on firearms in Albuquerque and the county. The order will ban concealed and open carry in those areas for the next 30 days after being enacted last Friday.

Allen described the order as unconstitutional and said he learned about the order just minutes before the announcement last week. The public health order was issued after an 11-year-old boy was killed in Albuquerque. ...

Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham sent KOAT a statement following BCSO's rejection: "I don’t need a lecture on constitutionality from Sheriff Allen: what I need is action. What we need is for leaders to stand up for the victims of violent crime. We need law enforcement, district attorneys, public officials, school leaders and state agencies to use every single tool at their disposal to stop this violence. Period.   ...

Online mountaineer

Fenixammo.com now offering free shipping to NM - until Gov. Grisham resigns.
 :laugh:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham sent KOAT a statement following BCSO's rejection: "I don’t need a lecture on constitutionality from Sheriff Allen: what I need is action. What we need is for leaders to stand up for the victims of violent crime. We need law enforcement, district attorneys, public officials, school leaders and state agencies to use every single tool at their disposal to stop this violence. Period.

What a bunch of pathetic passive-aggressive nanny scolding. You opened up the can Governor, now you try and make it look like everyone else has dropped the ball.

Sanctimony and self-righteousness aren't going to win the day for you here.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Many of my wife's relatives are residents of New Mexico and they are currently very unhappy with their governor. So much so that I cannot report on their comments as this is a family site.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Ah, the Revolutionary Mentality - the ends justify the means.  In our Constitutional Federalist Republic, no the ends do not justify the means; the means (elected representation, debate, compromise, voting) are the ends.

I'm sure the NRA will be all over this.  New Mexico taxpayer funds will be wasted defending this virtue signaling in court.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online roamer_1

This is EXACTLY the wrong direction. The state should be offering discounts on guns and ammo for first time buyers and free gun and rifle training to beef up their citizenry, ESPECIALLY where crime is rampant.

Online Kamaji

'I Have a Fact For You':  NM Sheriff Goes Scorched Earth on Gov's Gun Ban

Julio Rosas
September 12, 2023

Bernalillo County Sheriff John Allen (D) issued a forceful rebuke of New Mexico Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham's (D) public health order, which banned the legal concealed and open carrying of firearm for 30 days, during a press conference on Monday.

"In reference to concealed carry and open carry, the Bernalillo County Sheriff's Office will not enforce this segment of the order...It is unconstitutional. My oath was to protect the Constitution and that is what I will do...This order will not do anything to curb gun violence other than punish law-abiding citizens from their constitutional right to self-defense," Allen said.

"I have a fact for you: Criminals do not follow the law or a public health order — never seen it — we will never see criminals follow the law," he added.

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1701391180750037261

Allen revealed he was given very short notice of Lujan Grisham's order before she hosted her press conference and was extremely frustrated by that act. Allen vowed his department will continue to carry out their plans to tackle gun crime that are already in motion but said citizens should not be concerned if they used their firearm in self-defense because his office is not enforcing the ban.

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/juliorosas/2023/09/12/unconstitutional-nm-sheriff-puts-governors-gun-ban-on-blast-n2628295

Online roamer_1

Well... He just got re-elected...  :whistle:

Online mountaineer

Even the Democrat attorney general has given Gov. Grisham the bum's rush.

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1701716746820805085

Offline PeteS in CA

Offline PeteS in CA

Emperor Michelle I: A lawyer, a lawyer, my kingdom for a lawyer! UPDATE: Showdown at 1 MT

https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2023/09/13/emperor-michelle-i-a-lawyer-a-lawyer-my-kingdom-for-a-lawyer-n577626

Suspending the Constitution is all fun and games until you look around and even your allies won’t return your calls. Such is life at the moment for Emperor Michelle I of New Mexico, formerly known as Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham, who thought she could score some virtue-signaling points on the cheap at the expense of law-abiding gun owners. The Emperor and the state now face a slew of lawsuits seeking federal intervention to enforce the US Constitution and punitive measures against a tinpot dictator who claims her oath to the Constitution is “not absolute.”

Late yesterday, the emperor discovered that she had no legal clothes — or at least no legal cover. Attorney General and fellow Democrat Raúl Torrez informed Lujan Grisham that he will refuse to represent her office and the state in these lawsuits, proclaiming that he takes his oath to the Constitution more seriously:
And even worse, Torrez’ declaration will certainly enter the court record via the plaintiffs. That makes finding an attorney to take this case on behalf of the state even more problematic. First off, what attorney wants to go on record as having told a federal judge that fealty to the US Constitution is optional? And second, good luck finding an attorney with any enthusiasm when the state AG has already declared that the plaintiffs are right and refuses to take the case on principle on the basis that Lujan Grisham is violating her oath of office.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

The Constitution is an agreement among the People to form a Government.

If the Constitution is not absolute, neither is the Federal Government that it creates.

To violate the Constitution is not a violation against the Government; it is a violation against We, The People.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Constitution is an agreement among the People to form a Government.

If the Constitution is not absolute, neither is the Federal Government that it creates.

To violate the Constitution is not a violation against the Government; it is a violation against We, The People.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien