Author Topic: Russia Is Using Tires To Protect Its Bombers From Aerial Attack  (Read 244 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Russia Is Using Tires To Protect Its Bombers From Aerial Attack
« on: September 09, 2023, 06:02:05 pm »
Russia Is Using Tires To Protect Its Bombers From Aerial Attack
Arranging surplus tires atop Russian bombers is likely a highly makeshift countermeasure used to thwart Ukrainian long-range missile strikes.

BY
THOMAS NEWDICK
|
PUBLISHED SEP 4, 2023 3:02 PM EDT

Recent satellite imagery reveals more details of the unique measures Russia has taken in hopes of protecting its long-range bombers against Ukrainian attacks. The War Zone was first to spot the strange coverings atop a couple of its bombers in late August, but it wasn't clear exactly what they were made of at that time. Now we can definitively say that Russia is placing tires on the upper surfaces of the aircraft in various patterns.

As we have explored in the past, the timing of this move, coming immediately after the announcement that Ukraine has modified its Neptune anti-ship cruise missile to hit targets on land, strongly suggests that the tires are intended to confuse incoming missiles’ targeting systems.

The satellite imagery in question shows various bombers at Engels-2 airbase, roughly 300 miles from the Ukrainian border. Imagery obtained by The War Zone shows at least five turboprop-powered Tu-95MS Bear-H aircraft and at least three examples of the swing-wing Tu-160 Blackjack, all with tires arranged around their upper fuselages, with those on some of the Bears also extending further down the wings.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/russia-really-is-using-tires-to-protect-its-bombers-from-attack
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Russia Is Using Tires To Protect Its Bombers From Aerial Attack
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 06:26:00 pm »
Ukrainian attacks use relatively light explosive charges and rely to some degree on shrapnel. The tires would absorb the explosive energy and shrapnel to at least some degree, and might also mess with impact fuse operation. This could be somewhat effective improvisation (though placement and removal of the tires would be time-consuming).
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.