Author Topic: Trump's event with Kristi Noem fuels 2024 VP pick speculation  (Read 713 times)

Offline libertybele

Trump's event with Kristi Noem fuels 2024 VP pick speculation
« on: September 08, 2023, 01:38:15 pm »
I remember the rally that he held at Mt. Rushmore.  She gave a great speech, he gave a good speech but seemed to be tired. There were protestors blocking the entryway so that the rally couldn't take place which delayed the event.  Above all it was patriotic and a very moving rally. I like Noem.  She would bring an interesting and much needed conservative 'spark' to his campaign.

Trump's event with Kristi Noem fuels 2024 VP pick speculation

It's billed as a fundraiser for the South Dakota GOP, but a Friday rally with former President Donald Trump and the deep red state's conservative two-term Gov. Kristi Noem could signal much more.

Trump, the commanding front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination, is headlining the sold-out political gathering in Rapid City, South Dakota.

Noem, a longtime Trump supporter and ally, will appear with him on stage and is expected to endorse the former president. And just as important, the appearance of the two politicians joining forces is sparking speculation that the former president may be eyeing the governor as a potential running mate in 2024.

"We have not discussed it at all," Noem said Thursday during an appearance on "Fox and Friends."

Asked in a Fox News Digital interview later Thursday if teaming up with Trump should be seen as a possible screen test or audition for running mate, Noem answered: "I don’t think so."

But she's not ruling anything out.

"Yeah. I’d have to consider it," the governor said when asked what she would do if she was offered the job. "I think everybody would have to consider it if they were asked that question. It’s such an important time in our history where we see constitutional freedoms being undermined by leaders across this country almost every day."................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-event-gov-kristi-noem-fuels-2024-vp-candidate-speculation
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Trump's event with Kristi Noem fuels 2024 VP pick speculation
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 01:42:11 pm »
I would happily vote for such a ticket!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 02:07:40 pm »

But she's not ruling anything out.

"Yeah. I’d have to consider it," the governor said when asked what she would do if she was offered the job. "I think everybody would have to consider it if they were asked that question. It’s such an important time in our history where we see constitutional freedoms being undermined by leaders across this country almost every day."................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trumps-event-gov-kristi-noem-fuels-2024-vp-candidate-speculation

Scratch her off the 2028 list....

Offline corbe

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2023, 04:25:29 pm »

I will quit bleaching my hair for you, DJT.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 04:26:53 pm by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 04:27:02 pm »
South Dakota would be the 64th largest county by population.  I like what she has done, but as far as a national candidacy goes, hers would be a long shot.

Offline corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 05:25:31 pm »
   Trump won South Dakota by a whooping 26% in 2020 and garnered all 3 of their Electoral Votes. 
   IMHO he should set the bar much higher.  MTG would work from Florida or Lake from AZ in gathering more EV's. 
   I thought Cruz was premature in announcing Carly Fiorina as VP before the Convention, but Trump will probably beat that by a mile.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 06:10:19 pm »
South Dakota would be the 64th largest county by population.  I like what she has done, but as far as a national candidacy goes, hers would be a long shot.

She has thrown her support to Trump very early in the election cycle which is surprising.  My thought is this:

Possibly Trump is pitting 2 very conservative governors against each other; Noem & DeSantis.  So, a very clever move on his part, but a political disaster for DeSantis and for this country.  He's throwing conservatism out the window (again).

BTW, I thought a DeSantis/Noem ticket would be pretty darn hard to beat. It's too late now.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 06:28:57 pm »
She has thrown her support to Trump very early in the election cycle which is surprising.  My thought is this:

Possibly Trump is pitting 2 very conservative governors against each other; Noem & DeSantis.  So, a very clever move on his part, but a political disaster for DeSantis and for this country.  He's throwing conservatism out the window (again).

BTW, I thought a DeSantis/Noem ticket would be pretty darn hard to beat. It's too late now.

He's trying to formulate a way to break through his 60% favorability rating ceiling within the Republican party... so he is courting nominal conservatives... Not that it will work. Conservatives don't look at bobbleheads on the stump. They look at the record.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 06:44:25 pm »
He's trying to formulate a way to break through his 60% favorability rating ceiling within the Republican party... so he is courting nominal conservatives... Not that it will work. Conservatives don't look at bobbleheads on the stump. They look at the record.

Wait and see what happens, but I think this is really going to put a damper on DeSantis' campaign -- perhaps Trump wants to force him to select a VP this early in the game.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 06:51:24 pm »
If she ties her political prospects to him, it’ll be over for her
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2023, 06:59:04 pm »
If she ties her political prospects to him, it’ll be over for her

Last night in her speech she fully endorsed Trump; “I will do everything I can to help him win and save this country,” Noem said as she formally offered her endorsement before Trump took the stage. She said all the other Republican presidential candidates had been invited to the event. “All of them told us that they had better things to do. But when President Trump was invited to come be with you tonight, he said, ‘I will be there,’” she said.

Trump, for his part, praised Noem as “one of the most successful governors in the entire nation” and said her endorsement “means a lot.”

https://apnews.com/article/trump-south-dakota-kristi-noem-endorsement-rally-dba0fabc997491a7d22e19b61b2f2c45

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2023, 06:59:36 pm »

Offline corbe

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2023, 07:16:39 pm »
    She has better arms than me! :chairbang:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2023, 07:19:15 pm »
The Goldwater/Coolidge GOP is dead.

Let’s welcome the rise of the Hoover GOP
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2023, 07:21:05 pm »
   He wants to pick Tulsi Gabbard, but Melania draws The Line.

Online DB

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2023, 07:21:38 pm »
She's not to bright then.

Pence is a cautionary tale.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2023, 09:55:55 pm »
It's too early to lock in ANY VP pick. That comes later on. 'Way later on.