Author Topic: Putin Should Be Ashamed: Russia’s Last Aircraft Carrier Is A ‘Floating Dumpster Fire’  (Read 318 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Putin Should Be Ashamed: Russia’s Last Aircraft Carrier Is A ‘Floating Dumpster Fire’

ByMaya CarlinPublished15 seconds ago
Admiral Kuznetsov Aircraft Carrier. Image Credit: Creative Commons.

Russia’s sole aircraft carrier may be the most doomed piece of military equipment ever to enter naval service.

Since its introduction in the mid 1980’s, the Admiral Kuznetsov has been plagued by a series of unfortunate events, including fires, mishaps and endless “maintenance” repairs.

Last month, Russia’s main state-news agency announced that the cursed Kuznetsov could re-enter service by the end of 2024. However, considering the carrier’s abysmal track record, this seems pretty unlikely.

Since Moscow first invaded Kyiv more than a year and a half ago, the country has suffered from debilitating economic sanctions and rapidly diminishing weapons and material stockpiles.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/09/putin-should-be-ashamed-russias-last-aircraft-carrier-is-a-floating-dumpster-fire/
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 05:08:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Back in the early 70s a radar wasn't really needed to spot the Russian Navy.  All that needed to be done was spot the plumes of smoke coming from their ships.  I guess they are tied to the good old days. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

The Kuznetsov is still floating?

Back before the fire of a couple of years ago, the Kuznetsov used to be accompanied by an ocean-going tug wherever it went. It made a certain French carrier look reliable.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.