Author Topic: New Mexico Governor Declares Emergency, 'Suspends' Gun Rights in Shocking Move  (Read 345 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
New Mexico Governor Declares Emergency, 'Suspends' Gun Rights in Shocking Move
By Bonchie | 10:36 PM on September 08, 2023

New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham declared a public health emergency over "gun violence" on Thursday following the death of an 11-year-old boy. On Friday, she took the unprecedented step of "suspending" gun rights in Albuquerque, the state's largest city, with the possibility of other cities following suit.

Gov. Lujan Grisham declared gun violence a public health emergency Thursday, following the murder of an 11-year-old boy on his way home from an Isotopes game Wednesday night. That case, combined with several other violent cases involving children, sparked the decision.

The new public health order is effective Friday, Sept. 8. After 30 days, they will evaluate whether they should renew the order or make adjustments.

The public health order is a statewide mandate, but it only suspends open and concealed carry laws in communities with extremely high violent crime rates and firearm-related emergency room visits. Right now, that only includes the Albuquerque metro.

Grisham took to social media in an attempt to justify her order, claiming that two to three children a month die from gunshot wounds in New Mexico.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/09/09/new-mexico-governor-declares-emergency-suspends-gun-rights-in-shocking-move-n2163598
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Watch for other governors to follow suit.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Watch for other governors to follow suit.

God help us if they do. 
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Emergency  orders = the stripping of your rights.   Do not comply.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Wowo, this woman is a tyrant. I would take to the streets carrying my gun just to be part of the lawsuit against the state when arrested for the unconstitutional rule.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
She's an IDIOT!  Criminals don't obey the law!

Offline PeteS in CA

NM is in the 10th Circuit, but I think even the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals would let Grisham know that this is way above her pay grade.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline mountaineer

We don' need no steenkin' constitution.

9999hair out0000
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org