Author Topic: Bullying farmers  (Read 265 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bullying farmers
« on: September 09, 2023, 11:09:02 am »
Bullying farmers

By Henry Pool.

I am responding to the report of the NOS on 31/8/2023 about the 'nitrogen' problem that is apparently even bigger than was thought, as we learn from the NOS report in the news. I would like to point out that the NOx ('nitrogen') is produced naturally in the ionosphere, just like ozone (O3) and peroxide (HxOy). It is essential for life. See chart above. Not only NOx but also ammonia (NH4) just falls from the sky, in the stratosphere, as shown in this graph:

The breakdown of nitrogen (N2) and oxygen (O2) in the upper layers of the atmosphere is caused by the most energetic particles (= radiation of the shortest wavelengths) that we get from the sun. This radiation from the sun varies and is very dangerous for humans. So don't go to Mars until you've created an atmosphere there. Depending on the strength of the solar polar magnetic field strengths, more or less of these most energetic particles can escape from the sun. This also gives us variation in the amount of natural nitrogen deposition. The behavior of the magnetic field strengths on the sun has only been well observed since the early 70s and since then the solar polar field strengths have decreased, on average. Look chart below (The red arrow is my designation).

https://www.climategate.nl/2023/09/boeren-pesten-2/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Bullying farmers
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 11:48:39 am »
Close,but no cigar.

The FACT is that "the family farm" that was a cornerstone of what made America great is all but gone,and "Corporate Farming" has all but taken over.

Part of this,I am sure,is due to farm children getting advanced educations and no longer being "chained to the family farm". They get technical degrees of one sort or another,and work inside climate-controlled offices instead of outside in the heat,the cold,the rain,and the snow.

The other part is that EVERYTHING involved in successful farming these days is insanely expensive,and even IF you  can afford to buy the new machinery needed to be a successful farmer in today's world,you can't find anybody to hire to operate it.

And who can blame the people who used to provide seasonal labor,when the world has now changed and you need a full-time job in order to survive?

Not only that,but the simple tractor of the 40's and earlier is GONE from everywhere but "hobby farms" and museums. You  can't just hire any semi-sober dummy to run it. It requires specialized knowledge and education to set and monitor the gauges. Knowledge/experience/education that part-time farm help just doesn't have.

I live in a county that 50 years ago was primarily ran by farmers because that was basically the only industry operating here at that time,other than the occasional small grocery store or gas station. Today,there is only ONE of the original farm families operating at maximum capacity,and the man at the top of this family is a friend of mine. He is now in his 70's,has no children at home,and he only  has a handful of seasonal workers because that is all that he can find who know what is required,how to operate the machinery,and is reliable enough to show up for work sober.

I am friends with another farm family that was a major farming operation in years past,but they only had one child,and she and her husband are now in their 60's and childless. When they die,the farm is gone.

I just don't have the first clue as to how to "fix" this problem because the children of today mostly want to push papers in high-rise business buildings,and if you don't have the resources of someone like Bill Gates,who is the largest farmer in America today,you just can't even  operate,never mind compete.

Yeah,I DO know of a few very large family farms still operating,but I suspect the same thing will happen with them once this generation of farmers dies off. Developers will want the large tracts of land for housing developments,and the former farm children/sudden multi-millionaires will want to live like the millionaires they will be.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 01:08:08 pm »
Close,but no cigar.

The FACT is that "the family farm" that was a cornerstone of what made America great is all but gone,and "Corporate Farming" has all but taken over.

For all intents and purposes,  they will turn into Soviet-style "Kholkhozes".

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 05:27:42 pm »
For all intents and purposes,  they will turn into Soviet-style "Kholkhozes".

@dfwgator

They might name them "gators" in "honor"(?) of Bill Gates,and the fact they will eat up what little disposable income we have left after paying the bills and buying food on payday.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!