Author Topic: Biden to Cancel Alaska Oil, Gas Leases Issued Under Trump  (Read 346 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden to Cancel Alaska Oil, Gas Leases Issued Under Trump
« on: September 09, 2023, 12:51:32 am »
Biden to Cancel Alaska Oil, Gas Leases Issued Under Trump

Sean Moran 8 Sep 2023

President Joe Biden’s Interior Department said it would cancel the oil and gas leases issued in the latter days of President Donald Trump’s administration.

Biden has said he would move to protect roughly 19.6 million acres in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) for polar bears and caribou.

“As the climate crisis warms the Arctic more than twice as fast as the rest of the world, we have a responsibility to protect this treasured region for all ages,” Biden said in a written statement.

Trump issued the Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA) seven leases right before Biden’s inauguration. The move is part of a larger strategy by which Biden has moved to cancel oil and gas exploration on public lands.

AIDEA said it would challenge the move.

“This latest action by the Department of the Interior shows arbitrary disregard for Federal law, based on campaign trail rhetoric. Campaign promises are not enough to justify this agency action,” AIDEA said in a statement.

Republicans slammed Biden’s move to develop oil and gas in Alaska.

“There is palpable anger and frustration among Alaskans about the Biden administration’s unrelenting assault on our economy and our ability to lawfully access our lands,” Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-AK) said in a statement.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/08/biden-cancel-alaska-oil-gas-leases-issued-under-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline ScottinVA

Re: Biden to Cancel Alaska Oil, Gas Leases Issued Under Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 01:00:22 am »
Of course. Anything that gives America a shot at prosperity is anathema to democrats.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 01:06:01 am »
“There is palpable anger and frustration among Alaskans about the Biden administration’s unrelenting assault on our economy and our ability to lawfully access our lands,” Sen. Dan Sullivan (R-AK) said in a statement.

Maybe Alaska shouldn't have elected a Dem Senator and House Rep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 01:08:23 am »
 :thud: 888mouth 9999hair out0000
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 01:08:50 am »
   Maybe EO's wasn't the way to go by Trump.  He had a Rino Congress AND the House Freedom Caucus his first two years   :shrug:

As I look back on 2015, I would swear things are much, much worse in 2023.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2023, 07:05:15 pm »
Don't you worry, the god Biden is going to save us, once he deprives us of food and energy.  Even damn fools will move past clueless then, for the little time they will have left!

Remember bashing Trump, giving Biden a pass, is one of the keys to this Tsunami/massive volcanic eruption coming.  The atheist will preach blame God, whom they insist doesn't exist except for blaming purposes.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
« Last Edit: September 10, 2023, 07:08:43 pm by christian »
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions