Author Topic: Texas Gets Big Court Victory: Judge Grants Motion to Leave River Barriers Under Emergency Stay  (Read 320 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas Gets Big Court Victory: Judge Grants Motion to Leave River Barriers Under Emergency Stay
By Kyle BeckerSeptember 7, 2023Updated:September 8, 2023

A U.S. Appeals Court has granted Texas an emergency stay, allowing the state to maintain the barriers it installed in the Rio Grande, at least temporarily.

This decision comes in response to a federal judge’s order in Austin, issued a day prior, which mandated Texas to relocate the barriers to the riverbank on the Texas side by September 15.

Furthermore, the state was instructed not to add any more structures to or within the river pending the final outcome of the Department of Justice’s lawsuit. The granted stay is in effect “pending further order of the Court,” as stated in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals’ filing. The Fifth Circuit is expected to conduct a full hearing with arguments from both sides regarding the barriers’ placement in the Rio Grande River.

https://trendingpoliticsnews.com/texas-gets-big-court-victory-knab/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Gee...
That "escalated" quickly...!

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Yes!!! happy77

It also reminds us how important the current structure of the SCOTUS is to the Republic in this political atmosphere.

We're one election from losing it all. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
IMO this is a pivotal case. Yes the FedGov has plenary power over borders, but if they all but vacate that power, what rights and powers do States have in that situation to protect their own borders.
The Republic is lost.