Author Topic: Senate Republicans Consider Moving away from ‘Pro-Life’ Term as Abortion Losses Mount  (Read 280 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Republicans Consider Moving away
from ‘Pro-Life’ Term as Abortion Losses Mount

By David Zimmermann

September 8, 2023 8:59 AM

After suffering a string of electoral losses on the issue of abortion, Republican lawmakers are considering moving away from the term “pro-life” to describe their position on the issue.

This week, several Senate Republicans met with strategists behind closed doors on Capitol Hill to discuss the matter, NBC News first reported Thursday.

Steven Law, a former aide to Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.), reportedly presented poll results to the senators on Wednesday, showing voters increasingly viewed “pro-life” and “pro-choice” language differently since the Supreme Court’s reversal of Roe v. Wade last June.

“What intrigued me the most about the results was that ‘pro-choice’ and ‘pro-life’ means something different now, that people see being pro-life as being against all abortions … at all levels,” Senator Kevin Cramer (R., N.D.) said.

Law, who is also the head of the McConnell-tied Senate Leadership Fund super PAC, told senators in attendance to be more specific when it comes to presenting their abortion case to voters. Conveying their position on the issue is extremely important, considering some of them serve Republican-controlled states which are actively pursuing abortion restrictions.

Senator Josh Hawley (R., Mo.) echoed the importance of specificity.

more
https://www.nationalreview.com/news/senate-republicans-consider-moving-away-from-pro-life-term-as-abortion-electoral-losses-mount/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How about calling it what it is...MURDER
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“What intrigued me the most about the results was that ‘pro-choice’ and ‘pro-life’ means something different now, that people see being pro-life as being against all abortions … at all levels,” Senator Kevin Cramer (R., N.D.) said.

I am "Pro Life",and I don't think  that.

I may be wrong,but I honestly don't THINK I know of anyone who claims they are Pro-Life being oppossed to abortions when the potential mother is at genuine risk of dying if she tries to carry to term and give birth.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It's called "Realpolitik".

Prediction (though I won't be around to see it out):
30 years from now, if there's still a "Republican" party, it won't even have "party positions" on either "abortion" or "pro-life".

There may be other parties that do.
But not the "GOP"...