Author Topic: The Long Term Payback from the Ukraine War  (Read 258 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Long Term Payback from the Ukraine War
« on: September 08, 2023, 03:22:38 pm »
September 8, 2023
By Joseph Kulve

A recent Zero Hedge article contains an interesting quote as to why the U.S. warhawks want the Ukraine war: 

Beltway liberal elites... still think Russia must be punished given they see Moscow as having brought the "bad orange man" to power in 2016.

Sounds crazy, but that would explain what I have experienced on the ground (physically and linguistically) in Ukraine.

Ukrainian Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS)

To understand Ukraine and its war for “freedom,” you need (your own) boots on the ground, and you need to know the language (the Ukrainian language press is an awesome source of honest info and analysis of Ukraine that you won’t find in English). My Ukrainian language comprehension has increased dramatically over the past year (I am a fluent Russian speaker), and Ukrainian language news has opened my eyes to a side of Ukraine that I utterly despise.

In a few weeks I will make another visit to Ukraine. Another three months on the ground, getting to understand even more Ukraine-think about America. Which is basically Biden is sugar and spice and Trump (and his supporters) are not (to read the article, right-click and select “Translate”). Just as revolting is the babble of western backpackers who live in Ukraine specifically because the endemic (Ukrainian, not Russian) corruption and ensuing poverty makes them upper middle class. 98% (no exaggeration) never learn to speak or read basic Ukrainian. I have not yet met one who likes Trump. But at least the backpackers talk to me. Those in Ukraine who are part of the elite USA/EU government and military who love the kickback kingdom never have the time of day for those like me.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/09/the_long_term_payback_from_the_ukraine_war.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: The Long Term Payback from the Ukraine War
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 03:59:36 pm »
September 8, 2023
By Joseph Kulve

A recent Zero Hedge article contains an interesting quote as to why the U.S. warhawks want the Ukraine war:

Ugh.  Nobody here wants that war.  If Russia were to pack up tomorrow and return to the pre-2014 borders, everyone would be thrilled.  Okay, maybe not the weird pro-Russian element in the U.S., but certainly all of the pro-Ukrainian types.

To understand Ukraine and its war for “freedom,” you need (your own) boots on the ground, and you need to know the language (the Ukrainian language press is an awesome source of honest info and analysis of Ukraine that you won’t find in English). My Ukrainian language comprehension has increased dramatically over the past year (I am a fluent Russian speaker), and Ukrainian language news has opened my eyes to a side of Ukraine that I utterly despise.

Gee, I wonder why?  No potential bias there....
« Last Edit: September 08, 2023, 04:02:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: The Long Term Payback from the Ukraine War
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 04:38:22 pm »
The only person who wanted the Ukraine War was Mad Vlad Putin.  He's hoping to get the old USSR band back together, whether they want to or not.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.