Author Topic: Van Hollen: People Think Biden’s Policies Hurt Economy Because They’re Dealing with ‘Lingering Impac  (Read 313 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Van Hollen: People Think Biden’s Policies Hurt Economy Because They’re Dealing with ‘Lingering Impact’ of Inflation

Ian Hanchett 7 Sep 2023

On Thursday’s broadcast of “CNN News Central,” Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) reacted to a CNN poll showing that most voters believe President Joe Biden’s policies have made the economy worse by stating that while the economy is improving, “people are still facing the lingering impact of rising prices and inflation.” And predicted that, “as time goes on, the people across this country, again, will want to stick with something that will be working and increasingly working to their advantage rather than doing a U-turn, and going back to the four years of chaos in the Trump administration.”

Van Hollen said that while he hasn’t seen the details of the poll, “with the passage of these bills, the economy is clearly turning around now, but people are still facing the lingering impact of rising prices and inflation. But, we also know that, recently, inflation is coming down dramatically. We’re at about 3%, and actually going down, compared to where it was. So, I do think, John, that, as the months progress and unemployment remains low, jobs continue to be generated, wages are going up. And they’re going up in real terms, not just nominal terms. In other words, people are getting more in their paycheck than they were before in terms of spending capacity. So, I do think, as time goes on, the people across this country, again, will want to stick with something that will be working and increasingly working to their advantage rather than doing a U-turn, and going back to the four years of chaos in the Trump administration.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/07/van-hollen-people-think-bidens-policies-hurt-economy-because-theyre-dealing-with-lingering-impact-of-inflation/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline LMAO

Lingering impact of inflation?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Lingering impact of inflation?

What it is, is,
the Continuing impact of high inflation.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I hate it when policy wonks condescend to the unwashed masses.  Don't p!$$ on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Biden's war against American domestic energy is inflationary.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
People wanted and demanded a Bideny iniquity Savior, and got it, and have been pizzing and moaning ever since, as if they had nothing to do with it!  Some times you get just what you earned! and hell reigns!
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions