Author Topic: US Open semifinal delayed by climate protesters, including one who glued himself to ground  (Read 304 times)

Offline Kamaji

US Open semifinal delayed by climate protesters, including one who glued himself to ground

By Brian Lewis
Published Sep. 7

The U.S. Open women’s semifinal between American Coco Gauff and Karolina Muchova was delayed for nearly 50 minutes due to disruptive protesters — including one who glued his feet to the ground — in the upper decks of Arthur Ashe Stadium on Thursday night.

Gauff, who eventually won in straight sets, was leading 1-0 in the second set when play was interrupted by four fans protesting climate change.

During the stoppage in play, the crowd began chanting, “Kick them out! Kick them out!”

It took roughly seven minutes before several were physically removed, though one male fan refused to leave and held up the proceedings even more as he glued his bare feet to the ground.

At around 8:50 p.m. — about 45 minutes into the lengthy stoppage — both players came back onto the court to warm up and continued the match four minutes later.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/07/coco-gauff-karolina-muchova-us-open-semifinal-delayed-by-protesters/

Offline Kamaji

These mf'ers who glue themselves need to be removed without the benefit of solvents.  If that means leaving a little "skin in the game" so to speak, so be it.

Online Polly Ticks

These mf'ers who glue themselves need to be removed without the benefit of solvents.  If that means leaving a little "skin in the game" so to speak, so be it.

No kidding. 
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Coco's response:
“Throughout history, moments like this are definitely defining moments,” Gauff later told reporters. “I believe in climate change. I don’t really know exactly what they were protesting. I know it was about the environment. I 100% believe in that.

“I think there are things we can do better. I know the tournaments are doing things to do better for the environment. Would I prefer it not happening in my match? 100%, yeah. I’m not gonna sit here and lie. But it is what it is.”
:facepalm2:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

Why not just leave him there?  I'd just close the place up after the last match and just leave him.  He'd get what he deserved.

If one is going to leave him there, at least put a muffler of some sort on him so he can't start screaming his stupid shit.

Online Polly Ticks

If one is going to leave him there, at least put a muffler of some sort on him so he can't start screaming his stupid shit.

Every time he starts screaming, Ben Shelton gets to serve a ball right at his solar plexus.   :laugh:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Kamaji

Every time he starts screaming, Ben Shelton gets to serve a ball right at his solar plexus.   :laugh:

:thumbsup: