Author Topic: Maui’s Wildfire Tragedy Caused By ‘Green’ Policies, Not Warming  (Read 185 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ALEX EPSTEIN ON SEP 7, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Maui’s Wildfire Tragedy Caused By ‘Green’ Policies, Not Warming

As Congress returns to session, one topic I expect to be the subject of hearings and discussion is the wildfire tragedy in Maui. It is crucial that our lawmakers and fellow citizens know the truth about what happened, and why, so that they draw constructive lessons instead of destructive lessons. My team and I have spent a lot of time getting to the bottom of this story, and have discovered numerous errors in both mainstream and non-mainstream sources. Here are our findings, with supporting evidence.

Maui’s wildfire tragedy was caused by “green” policies, not warming.

The unnecessarily large wildfires in Maui were not caused by the slow warming of climate but by “green” policies that prevented proper wildfire management.

Don’t let the greens scapegoat fossil fuels.

How “green” policies caused the Maui tragedy

Failure to actively manage flammable grasses and instead letting them grow “naturally”

Spending money on expensive “green” energy and not on power-line maintenance

Deprioritizing water release in favor of “green” concerns

Anti-fossil-fuel politicians are blaming Maui’s tragic wildfire on climate change. But could the 2° F warming over 150 years, and any associated climate changes, make dangerous wildfires inevitable?

https://climatechangedispatch.com/mauis-wildfire-tragedy-caused-by-green-policies-not-warming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Maui’s Wildfire Tragedy Caused By ‘Green’ Policies, Not Warming
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 11:57:22 am »
Fires seem to be nearly as deadly, and more expensive, than gun use, so why aren't the democrats going after wildfires and make forest conservation and clearing measures mandatory? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: Maui’s Wildfire Tragedy Caused By ‘Green’ Policies, Not Warming
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 11:58:54 am »
Fires seem to be nearly as deadly, and more expensive, than gun use, so why aren't the democrats going after wildfires and make forest conservation and clearing measures mandatory? :pondering:

Good question.