Author Topic: Stars and gripes Military faces recruitment crisis as 'unpatriotic' Gen Z fails to join up — thanks  (Read 803 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Stars and gripes Military faces recruitment crisis as 'unpatriotic' Gen Z fails to join up — thanks to obesity and therapy ban

Only two military branches will meet 2023 recruitment targets. Obesity, a hot jobs market and ‘unpatriotic’ and ‘apathetic’ Gen Z are being blamed.

Much of the military will fall short of recruitment goals by as much as 25% this year — caused by a combination of obesity and falling patriotism in Gen Z and by restrictions on recruits having had therapy.

The Army, Navy, Air Force, and Coast Guard are all expected to fall short of their recruitment goals this year, they told The Post.

“My generation is a real challenge,” 25-year-old Marine 2nd Lt. Matthew Weiss told the Post. “Something has to change.”

A spokesperson for the Air Force said they will likely miss their goal of 26,877 new recruits by 10%. The Coast Guard said they will likely only fill 75% of the number of full-time, non-commissioned recruits they need.

And as of April, the Navy, which has over 300,000 active duty personnel, was behind by 6,000 new recruits this year, and the Army by 10,000 out of their 65,000 goal.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/09/07/military-faces-recruitment-crisis-as-unpatriotic-gen-z-fails-to-join-up/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I would be really curious to see the tracking data on recruitment by race and sex.  And by region of the country.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 07:28:22 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

What's patriotic about volunteering to have your family live near poverty while you are deployed, yet again, overseas to risk your life for people who don't want you there?

Those who serve do so out of love for their country.  Unfortunately, the Government has not shown as much love for their families at home and for them when they return home wounded.

Why would someone volunteer to risk his or her life to be an intelligence officer only to have jerkoffs in DC put him and his family at risk by carelessly handling Sensitive documents?

Frankly, our Government in DC is not worth dying for.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 07:28:44 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

What's patriotic about volunteering to have your family live near poverty while you are deployed, yet again, overseas to risk your life for people who don't want you there?

The problem with that argument is that it has been true for at least the last two decades. Arguably, it has been true going all the way back to the 1960s. And yet, we were not facing the crisis in recruiting even 5 years ago that we are facing today.  In fact, if your concern is being deployed overseas to fight, this is the first time in two decades that we do not have significant troops deployed overseas fighting.

So It must be something else that has changed from the last two decades that has created the current recruiting crisis.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2023, 07:49:18 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
The problem with that argument is that it has been true for at least the last two decades. Arguably, it has been true going all the way back to the 1960s. And yet, we were not facing the crisis in recruiting even 5 years ago that we are facing today.  In fact, if your concern is being deployed overseas to fight, this is the first time in two decades that we do not have significant troops deployed overseas fighting.

So It must be something else that has changed from the last two decades that has created the current recruiting crisis.

O'Bastard happened.  My son joined the Navy in 2008 or so, and things went to pieces when O'Bastard started filling the officer ranks with idiots who mistreated the enlisted Sailors and had zero management skills.  People started leaving in droves when their enlistments expired.  It's hard to refill the ranks when the word got out to the public the Services suck, and they don't get paid enough to support their families back at home.

I imagine this was the case in all the Services.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Who's gonna win that war with China that looks to be comin' up before too much longer...?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

O'Bastard happened.  My son joined the Navy in 2008 or so, and things went to pieces when O'Bastard started filling the officer ranks with idiots who mistreated the enlisted Sailors and had zero management skills.  People started leaving in droves when their enlistments expired.  It's hard to refill the ranks when the word got out to the public the Services suck, and they don't get paid enough to support their families back at home.

I imagine this was the case in all the Services.

Obama wasn't selecting junior and field grade officers.  And the people with commands at that point has come in long before Obama.

Not saying Obama was great for the military, but he doesn't explain what is happening now.  Hell, recruiting was pretty good during Trump.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obama wasn't selecting junior and field grade officers.  And the people with commands at that point has come in long before Obama.

Not saying Obama was great for the military, but he doesn't explain what is happening now.  Hell, recruiting was pretty good during Trump.

Gee, it was OK under Trump, but rotten under Biden.  I wonder what changed, indeed?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

The question is simple: Would these same potential recruits have signed up to join the US military of ten or twenty years ago?

What changed? (I think we know the answers)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

The question is simple: Would these same potential recruits have signed up to join the US military of ten or twenty years ago?

What changed? (I think we know the answers)

I'd bet that they're seeing larger percentage decreases in whites, males, and southerners.

Offline dfwgator

Those who serve do so out of love for their country.  Unfortunately, the Government has not shown as much love for their families at home and for them when they return home wounded.

Why would someone volunteer to risk his or her life to be an intelligence officer only to have jerkoffs in DC put him and his family at risk by carelessly handling Sensitive documents?

Frankly, our Government in DC is not worth dying for.

What is this country fighting for anyways? It's certainly not to keep our borders safe from invasion.